[2]

Tuesday, July 27th, 8:19pm | Brooklyn, NY | The Lantern Bar & Lounge Basement

Fox smelled like a warm pot of mixed honey and vanilla, just as Cam remembered. He hadn't been this close to her, physically, in awhile now, which seemed long enough. It was torture having to resort to his memory to recall exactly how she smelled, but it seemed the wait was worth it.

Her scent was sweet enough he could nearly taste her.

It instantly brought back blurred flashbacks of when his hands would caress every inch of her smooth skin, constantly roaming around her body as if he couldn't get enough of her to touch. He always thought there was never a sufficient amount of Fox that would satisfy his constant craving for her.

"Ex-boyfriend, sweetheart," Fox grunted. "You wish you still had this."

It was his fault entirely. At the sound of her delicious sinister voice calling him sweetheart, his focus dropped down to ninety-percent and his sweaty palms loosened in their grip. Of course, unfortunately for him, Fox felt the immediate change in his form, and took the opportunity to wiggle her arm free.

She reached above, her hard fist colliding with his nose.

Cam let out a string of profanity.

Damn, he forgot how hard she could hit.

He instantly released her, clutching his bloody nose and giving her the death glare. She knew how to ruin a surprise, that's for sure. Who was he kidding, thinking that she'd actually be happy to see him? After the way he left things, he had to know this was coming.

But a small part of him had hoped she'd forgiven him, or at the very least, hated him less than she showed.

At least she wasted no time reminding him how violent she was. Blood was dripping down his leather jacket.

His goddamn favorite leather jacket.

Fox slowly turned around while he stumbled back, crouching over and letting the blood drip all over Richard's dead body. "What the hell, Fox?"

"Stop whining you little wuss," She rolled her eyes, watching intently as he wiped his red stained chin. "Thought you were man enough to take a hit from a woman."

"You're hardly a woman," He lifted his head up and sniffed.

He didn't see it coming but sure felt the pain. She stepped forward and threw a swift kick to his abdomen. "Asshole."

Though Cam grunted as he lost his breath, he managed to wheeze out a very audible, "That was kinda hot."

When her left brow raised high, a notion she only made when amused, he chuckled in delight. He still knew exactly how to get under her skin.

But she didn't kick him in the balls this time, despite having a wide open shot at her disposal. He felt relieved, knowing that his baby makers were undoubtedly her next victim.