[16]

Saturday, August 8th | 6:52pm | Port of Igorna

"Is your arm okay? That wound looks pretty deep," Jukes observed the swollen cut on Kandy's arm. They were in Cam's SUV, awaiting the arrival of Belinda and Owen. With a few more minutes to spare, Cam lent a helping hand to bandage Kandy's injury while Jukes sat back and observed, drinking his strawberry milkshake he'd purchased at the hotel restaurant before they left.

Kandy smiled as Cam continued to wrap her arm with the cloth bandage. "Jealous that I don't cry over every injury like you?"

Cam chuckled while Jukes rolled his eyes. "You think you'd be a little bit nicer when someone shows concern."

"Yes, I'm fine," Kandy grinned. "You're such a dork."

"I can't believe they actually attacked you," Fox shook her head. "We've really gotta keep an eye out now. These people are fucking relentless."

Cam scoffed. "You thrive off of this shit, you can't even complain."

Jukes agreed. "You've been waiting for something like this to happen for awhile."

Fox's smile was all the answer they needed. "I'm not complaining I'm just surprised that it took this long for us to piss people off enough to come after us. It was really only a matter of time. And of course, we managed to piss of the one group of people you never want to mess with."

"Russians."

The rest of the car chorused.

"Still, I wish we could have one day without guns getting pointed at us," Fox flipped her hair.

Jukes rolled his eyes. Another lie. "Right."

She toothily grinned again. "Yeah, I fucking love it."

"We're here," Wesley announced as he brought the car to a halt right in the middle of a port. They were surrounded by walls of colorful crates, stacked four or five high. From Jukes' place, the dock seemed completely lifeless and empty.

Jukes sucked on his milkshake a little more before pointing the straw in Alex's direction. "Want some?"

Alex smiled politely but shook her head. "Dad won't let me have sweets."

Jukes gasped. "He what?"

"Hey, I'm trying to keep her healthy!" Wesley defended himself.

"That's just child abuse!" Kandy said before swiping the milkshake from Jukes and practically shoving it in Alex's face. "Drink."