[17]

Saturday, August 8th | 10:30pm| Undisclosed Location

Fox was treading in deep, deep, waters. She had been trained to lie about everything in her life that some of it almost felt like the truth. To strangers, she was a lawyer, a nurse, a teacher, she even worked for NASA once. However, to her friends - her family - she was Fox. There was no escaping her truth. They knew her inside and out and they would know if she was lying unless she played the game very, very well.

He had left a note in her pocket.

And by he, she meant the stupid little pest, Viktor, who was seriously going to ruin her life if she didn't stop him.

She had it crumbled the note in her fist since they left Port Igorna, and she hadn't let go of it. She couldn't. Not when she had read its content.

Anastasia

67 Rjilpavek

11:00pm

She felt a few different emotions. Mainly anger, but also confusion and curiosity from the note. From the level of effort Viktor was putting towards getting as close to Fox as possible without actually killing her, she could only conclude that this was personal. Was he someone important from her past? A long lost brother or cousin perhaps?

She had to wonder the possibility of it all. He new her first name for Christ sake. You either had to be one of the Crazy Four, or dead, if you knew Fox's real name.

With the CIA also on their backs, the last thing Fox wanted was to bring more harm to her team.. She would never be able to live with herself if something happened to them on her accord.

Or because of fucking Viktor.

That is, assuming she'd live long enough for that to happen.

Despite this tornado of feelings bubbling up in her head, she was mainly just really fucking tired. She was completely done with running away from the CIA, trying to figure out what the hell Viktor wanted, and traveling with a child and two older people who weren't physically in shape to fight as strongly as they used to.

Besides, she was totally missing some really good sales at Barney's in New York. That might have been the worst part of it all. She had her personal shopper save some amazing deals on Chanel boots she'd been waiting for, especially since the fall season was around the corner.

"Girl talk?" Kandy repeated to Fox with a dubious look on her face, after Jukes had shut his door. "I don't even remember the last time we had-"

"Outside," Fox interrupted her, cocking her head to the side where the ladder that lead up to the ground level. "Grab your weapons."

Kandy's eyes widened, noting the severity of the situation by the urgent tone in Fox's voice. Silently, she did as Fox said and the two of them quietly went up the ladder, through the corridor, up another ladder, and to back to the tunnel that lead outside. They were somewhere in the woods, but only a few miles away from the nearest city. Fox had already plugged in the address Viktor had written on the note and the GPS on her phone indicated that it was only a fifteen minute drive from where their location.