[19]

Sunday, August 9th | 12:09pm | Undisclosed Location

Jukes woke up feeling a bit more relaxed than the day before. He wasn't as rested as he hoped to be, but these days, getting any sleep at all was a blessing.

Especially since he was up a bit later than anticipated, hearing the conversations happening between three of his teammates outside and then after, the sounds of Fox and Cam banging each other's brains out in the room next door.

Did anyone realize that these walls weren't soundproof?

Part of him was jealous, truthfully. He didn't remember the last time he had sex and when that happened, it was too long of a time. Who was the last girl?

Ah, yes. Izabel. He barely had even done anything with her before he had to kill her and her husband. He hated when a job came in between his needs and wants. Just like it was doing right now. He wished he had someone like Cam and Fox had each other, to easily run next door and have a quickie with when things got a bit too heated.

He sensed the tension between everyone. They were disagreeing with each other, yelling, throwing things. It was as if they were back in their childhood, throwing tantrums like they did at nine years old. The only reason any of this was happening was because they had never dealt with a situation as deep as this before. This was uncharted territory for each of them and it was starting to show everyone's true colors.

Well, from now on, Jukes would do his best to remain calm. He hated any dispute between him and his teammates, especially Fox. In the years they had lived together, they never fought once. Now, in the timespan of almost two weeks, they had fought several times. That was unacceptable. They were better than that. They knew better than that.

It was time to take a deep breath and think things through, just like they were taught to. That would be easy if he hadn't heard his three teammates talking quietly in the living room without him. How come it felt like they were hiding things from him?

"Good morning Jukebox," Kandy greeted him with a yawn, opening his door and slumping onto his bed.

"Hey Kandy Shop," He greeted her, reaching over to the bedside table for his glasses. He rested back onto the headrest, putting both hands behind his head. "So, where did you and Fox go last night?"

Kandy slowly turned her head to him and smiled guiltily. "We didn't go anywhere."

Jukes playfully threw a pillow at her. "Don't lie to me."

Kandy laughed, flipping over to rest on her stomach and kicked her feet up in the air. "That's for you to find out. She'll tell everyone later today. Promise."

Jukes didn't care. "I heard the three of you talking about something without me."

"Don't worry, it was mainly those two arguing over something silly that was really about them wanting to rip each other's clothes off. I didn't stay long to hear what it was about," She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, unfortunately, I heard what it was all about," Jukes said, raising his arm to knock on the wall behind him. "These are thin ass walls."

Kandy threw him a sympathetic smile. "Maybe you can bleach your ears so you never have to hear anything again."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "Hey sleepyheads. Lunch is ready."

"Lunch?" Kandy repeated.

"It's noon," Cam answered her, tapping the watch on his wrist. "We already finished breakfast."

Jukes raised a brow at Cam. "Who's cooking? It smells like something is burning."