un // first sight

Kaylin Tyrell, youngest daughter and child of Lord Mace Tyrell; High Marshall of the Reach and Warden of the South, and Lady Alerie Hightower. She was born in the beginning of the long summer. She was given the beautiful soft brown hair of house Tyrell and her mother's curls. She was stunning, even from a young age, and grew to be a wild, curious young Lady.

Both her brothers; Loras and Willas doted on her and protected her from when she was a babe. Her older sister margaery was envious of her younger sisters beauty and all the attention she was given because of it. She was often found attempting to ruin her sisters bows and snapping her arrows in half out of spite.

Her grandmother loved all of her grandchildren and did everything in her power to further the house name, so the move to the capitol was not unexpected.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:: Kaylin ::

"You are going to King's Landing to marry the prince and that is that." My grandmother finished in a final tone. She had planned my entire future without my knowledge or consent, her and my father were shipping Loras, Margaery and I of to the capitol to find suitors, and, with them, strong alliances. She had already prepared my match with the King's, youngest son, Prince Tommen, and was hoping to persuade the King to align our houses a second time by wedding the Crown Prince, Joffrey, to my sister.

Of course, my Grandmother wasn't stupid, she knew that the future King was already betrothed to another lady, Lady Sansa, of House Stark but she was certain that the king would change his mind when he saw my sisters sizable dowry. According to my Septa, House Tyrell was the second wealthiest house in all of Westeros, behind the Lannisters. We had the most fertile land and the most livestock and we provided great amounts of resources to the kingdoms, so, as far as my grandmother was concerned, King Robert owed us this favour.

As far as I knew, the trip was pointless, everyone in the Seven Kingdoms knew that King Robert wasn't one to acknowledge good strategies and preferred to settle things in combat rather than discussion, so he most likely wouldn't take the offer to be better our reputation and insist on siding with his long time friend and councillor, Eddard Stark, the father of Sansa. Still my Grandmother remained positive that a Tyrell girl would be queen, one way or another.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The journey to the Capital was tiresome and lonely, Marge would not stop talking about how handsome and brave and regal the prince was, but I knew that deep down she knew the truth, although not the king yet, the eldest royal son was evil and conniving, having being raised solely by his mother and having no fatherly figure for the greater part of his life he was spoilt and brattish, and enjoyed making people suffer for no good reason, don't get me wrong, he was handsome and brave and regal like she said, but he was not a good person and I, as well as most of the seven kingdoms, dread the day that he becomes King.

From Highgarden we travelled up the Rose Road towards the capitol. Most days, my Septa forced me into the carriage where my Grandmother and Sister sat, but on a rare occasion, they allowed me to ride with my brother and his friends. I enjoyed spending time with Loras, I always saw him as a friend rather than an older brother and he was always glad to see me.

Each day seemed longer and longer as we passed through the Kingswood and finally, from our camp atop a hill, I finally saw the Red Keep at sunrise. I could see each tower, delicately balancing on the castle on a cliff. Another day of travel and we arrived at the edge of the grand city, King's Landing. They said that it was impenetrable, and that any army that attempted to attack would be killed before they could even try to take it. Right in the centre, on top of Aegon's hill, overlooking the ocean and the city.

As we travelled through the outskirts of the city, I could hear the hustle and bustle of the commoners and the market shops, hear the continuing clanging of the Smith and the crackle of fire. Soon enough, Margaery and I's carriage came to a stop and the door was pulled open by Loras. Margaery grabbed his hand because, as the eldest child she had to be presented first. She was wearing a sky blue dress, the colour of our house, it had no sleeves a sloping neckline and a gold rose pattern on the bodice. Her hair was was curled with the front parts pulled back into an elegant braid. She looked beautiful, as usual. Surely if the prince was to choose his betrothed, he would choose my sister simply based on her beauty, I could not see the prince resisting their marriage proposal.

Loras' hand reached for mine and I made a slow descent down the steps of the carriage and to the ground before curtsying. I was dressed more modestly, as usual, as I was only 15. My dark brown hair was curled and the tendrils at the front were braided into a plait at the back of my head. I was wearing a sky blue dress, the same shade as Margery, mine had long sleeved with a small gap at the shoulder, it too had a low neckline, but not nearly as low as Margaery's.

Lord Eddard Stark, the hand of the King was standing in front of us, and he was currently greeting my father and Grandmother. He was surrounded by the King's Guard all wearing the iconic white cloaks.

"Lord Eddard, may I present my children, Ser Loras," Father pointed to my older brother and Loras bowed,

"Margaery," she curtsied,

"and my youngest daughter, Kaylin." I curtsied and bowed my head before rising. I saw Eddard glance over the three of us, as if he was assessing us.

Soon he turned away and beaconed us to follow him, and, without a word we made our way into the Red Keep's throne room and stood before the king. As we arrived in the throne room, Lord Eddard walked forward up the steps to the most magnificent seat I had ever seen in my life. I had read about it but books did it no justice, made of hundred upon hundred of Valyrian Steel swords and daggers all bent intricately into a gigantic chair at least 7 ft tall. Sitting on that seat was King Robert of House Baratheon. Short, plump and dark haired, he didn't look at all like I envisioned the King to be, not tall, not muscular, not handsome, not the brave king he was told to be, not someone that destroyed the Targaryen dynasty.

The king stood and so did the Lords and ladies of court, all at once, in respect for the king.He stood and spoke to my father, "Lord Mace, Lady Olenna, thank-you for travelling all this way, and thank-you for supporting the throne in it's preparation for winter. If there is anything you have to ask of me, ask and it shall be yours." I saw Margery's smile grow as she glanced to Prince Joffrey, who was standing smugly by the throne, eyeing everyone in the throne room, hand placed on the pommel of his sword.

Loras glanced at her and nodded before stepping forward, as a future representative of Highgarden, he had to learn responsibility, so my father made him ask the king of a favour. He knelt and said;

"My dear sister Margery was promised to the traitor Renly, but he was taken from us before... she remains innocent, we ask you to find it in your heart, your grace, to do us the honour of joining our two families"

"My lord," the King spoke, leaning against the side of the throne, looking awfully uncomfortable.

"It would be a great honour to join our two houses, but my son is promised to another, as you may know, my hands eldest daughter, Lady Sansa of House Stark." He said. I saw Margaery's face fall, I knew that she was so excited for this trip to King's Landing because she had thought that it might have given her a chance at being queen, the only thing she had ever really wanted. That was her plan with marrying Renly, she thought that he would give her a chance of being the queen of the seven kingdoms.

"I do, however," The king continued,

"have a younger son, and while Lady Margaery is much too old for him, I have heard that you have a second daughter, of age 15." He said. At this my head snapped up, the King himself was talking about me.