trois // first touches

trois

:: Tommen ::

"My prince, as kind as this gesture is, my father has decided that you will not be marrying me, instead you get to wed my beautiful sister, Lady Margaery, despite the King's ruling that we should marry, so you are excused."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have never understood why my father has always insisted that I marry a high born girl, as far as I could see, there was absolutely no point in courting a snobby, precious and irritating young girl, desperate to further her family lines. For some reason unknown to me, girls had always been desperate to marry me, like I was some prize in a game, it didn't make sense, I had almost no power, I had no lordship, all the lands and the crown belonged to my brother, not me, and I had almost no chance of obtaining the crown.

But still my father insists that I marry a Tyrell, for they are the most dutiful, and substantial of all the houses in the seven kingdoms. The youngest daughter, was to be my future wife, the mother of my children, so here I am, standing in her chambers with a handmaiden carrying a full royal breakfast and now she is telling me that her father does not approve of our engagement? Despite my reluctance to marry, I cannot understand why Lord Mace would not approve of our engagement, his daughter would become a princess.

"My lady, I, personally do not want to marry, I couldn't care less, yet, my father is determined to join our houses, and my brother is already engaged to Lady Sansa, and unless you have a brother of age 18 for Myrcella, then we have to marry to tie our families together, and that is it." I said as I dismissed the handmaiden carrying our breakfast. I felt better knowing that she was as reluctant to marry as I was. She was beautiful, and she seemed to be the perfect lady, obeying her father's wishes despite her own interest. Obeying her father meant the loss of her title.

Despite this, despite her beauty and grace, I still did not want to marry her. I have never believed that marriage represents love. My mother and father have been married for a long while, and they have resented each other for the majority of their married life. I am told that once, in youth, shortly after their marriage, they were enchanted by one another But, my father insists and I must only do what I am told. She pushed past me, brushing my shoulder. "My prince, I would like some time alone, to think about this proposal, if you could leave-" She was cut of by me, I reached down and grabbed her arm, firmly, pulling her towards me.

"I will not leave." I gripped slightly harder. She tried to tug her arm away but I didn't let go. I pulled her towards me again, so that she was barely two inches away from my face. "My father is the King, if he says we are to marry then we shall, there is nothing either of us can do about it, like it or not."

She looked at up me through her lashes and I realised how close we were, I stepped back and let go of her.

"Enjoy your breakfast my lady." I said as I turned on my heel and walked out of the room. I walked up the flight of stairs that lead to my chambers and I analyzed what just happened. For a moment it had felt as if my hand was on fire as i touched her cheek. Her skin was so soft and her hands were gentle, she seemed so fragile, so breakable. She was beautiful, and i could see why my father wished for me to marry her.