huit

:: Margaery ::

I sat on the balcony of my chambers and gazed over the gardens and the blackwater. My eyes were unfocused until I saw two figures, sitting on a bench overlooking the water. I could make out the radiant blond hair of a Lannister, perhaps it was Joffrey and Sansa, but as I looked at the other figure I could not see the beautiful auburn hair of Sansa Stark. All I saw were long, deep brown waves, those of my sisters.

What I couldn't understand was why she was sitting with Tommen, even after she had requested that their engagement be undone. Perhaps they were discussing the terms of the marriage they were to be released from. I settled on that thought and decided to go and visit King Joffrey, since arriving in the capitol, the King had taken a liking to me and had invited me to his chambers many times.

We mostly sat and talked about the future, how he wanted to be a just King and punish all criminals and reward all heros, while we drank dornish wine. I climbed the maze of stairs in the Red Keep to reach the Royal Tower where his chamber resided and knocked thrice on the wooden door.

It swung open only a moment later to reveal the handsome King, not a year older than me. I curtsied and he bowed slightly. "You grace." I said politely. He stepped to the side so that I could enter his chamber. I walked over and sat on my usual plush chair and he poured us both a cup of wine. Today he was wearing a suit of the Lannister colours; Crimson and Gold, paired with a magnificent velvet cape. He handed me my cup of wine and he sat in the chair opposite me, and said,

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your company Lady Margaery?" I fiddled with the rim of my wine glass and replied. "I am anxious to marry your brother, the prince, he seems so caught up with Kaylin and I refuse for him to take her as a mistress." I say.

He moves from his chair and walks over to me, grasping my head. "Perhaps I will take you as my mistress." He says. Surprised, I stand quickly and excuse myself before leaving the room and hurrying back to my chambers.

:: Kaylin ::

As I sat with Tommen on that bench overlooking the ocean I thought about what our life would be like together. I was falling for the prince, the prince that my sister was to marry. Asking for a pardon was the biggest regret of my life, I asked not to marry the boy of my dreams. He was handsome, kind, loyal, he had a good stature, and he wanted me, me. He was the crown prince of the seven kingdoms, he could have any girl he wished, and yet he chose me.

I was woken from my thoughts when I heard the clack of boots behind me and I lifted my head of off Tommen's shoulder where it had been resting and turned around to see my father, jogging towards me.

"Kaylin, I bring good news, I wrote to many of the eligible lords when you decided to leave the engagement and many of them have agreed." He said boisterously. I sighed, glanced at Tommen, regret evident in my eyes and turned to follow my father.

I was a mere 10 metres away from the bench where I was sitting a moment ago when I felt a strong hand tug on my shoulder, I turned to face Tommen who pulled me in for a kiss quickly. It was short, but passionate and I reluctantly pulled away after I realised that my father was standing a mere 5 metres away and he did not know that I had feeling for the prince.

I quickly backed away from Tommen and looked at him sadly before turning away and running, I ran straight past my father, ignoring both Tommen and my father calling out for me. I slowed when I reached my chambers and I sat on the bed, curled into a ball.

My father rushed through my door and said; "You need to stop interacting with the prince. He is to marry your sister and you shall not interfere." I nodded slowly as he continued. "Robb Stark has agreed to our proposal, he wishes to meet you. You shall travel north with Loras and our men in a week." I nodded again and he left the room.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Sweet sister, are you ready to head north?" Loras said. It had been a week since I last talked to Tommen, since we kissed on the bench in the gardens. I was leaving for WInterfell in an hour and I was trying to repress the urge to say goodbye to Tommen. If Robb Stark liked me, I might never return to the Capitol, I might never see the prince again.

A few minutes after Loras left my chambers, there was a knock on the door and the prince entered. I stood and said, "You can't be here, I am to be engaged." I said and averted my gaze, trying not to look at him.

"I wanted to see you one last time, before you left." I nodded and curtsied. "I hope you enjoy your trip North." He said politely and walked over to me. He brushed a loose piece of hair behind my ear and leaned into kiss me. Our lips brushed slightly before I realised what was happening and stepped backwards.

"I can't do this, you're marrying my sister." I said, and walked around him to leave my chambers. I reached the gates of the red keep and met Loras. I took one final look at the Red Keep and stepped inside the carriage.