sept

:: Kaylin ::

I left his room and i felt a tear roll gently down my face. I had no idea why i was crying, all I could feel was pain, Margaery was always going to be more important than me, she was always going to be better, more beautiful than me. Perhaps I was jealous, jealous of her, or perhaps it was something more, maybe I was regretting letting Tommen go.

I knew that I had done the right thing. I could make everyone happier this way, my father and sister would be pleased, and i could instead, marry lord Renly of Storm's End, and make Loras happy. I wish I had the courtesy of choosing what would make me happy, but I was a lady of Highgarden, and there were things expected of me.

As I half walked half ran down the steps, I ran into none other than the Queen Regent, Cersei Lannister. She saw the tears streaming down my cheeks and reached for my hand, in that moment I wanted to pull away but to offend the queen regent was a great sin, so I simply let her tug me back up the stairs, past the mahogany door behind which I knew Tommen was residing, and to her chambers.

She sat me down opposite her and poured me a cup of wine and said, "Little flower, why are you crying?" Her voice was soft but her tone was demanding. I sniffed and mumbled, "Tommen." At the mention of her son she perked up and said;

"Is this about your sister requesting to marry my boy?" I nodded softly and she sat quietly pondering the situation. I saw her blue eyes flicker all around the room and then back to me. "Why are you so upset, you told Joffrey that this was what you wanted." She said.

I thought for a moment, I did think that this was what was best, what I wanted for my family, but maybe this wasn't what I wanted deep down. Maybe this wasn't in my best interest. Maybe, after spending such a short amount of time with the Prince, I had started to develop feelings for him.

I shook my head of that thought and closed my eyes, trying to rid my head of the idea that I had feelings for the prince. "I think perhaps, I have developed feelings for your youngest son." I said quietly, sniffling slightly. She nodded, as if she understood what I meant and said gently. "I shall speak with both of my sons about your engagement." I thanked her and left her chambers and walked down to the gardens, where I sat alone, pondering the situation I had gotten myself into.

:: Tommen ::

It broke my heart seeing her cry, when she arrived in King's Landing, the idea of marriage was so far fetched that if someone told me that I would be engaged a week later, I would have laughed at them. And now, the girl that I was to marry, the girl that I have feelings for, has decided that we shouldn't be married, and it broke my heart.

I decided to take a walk through the gardens, to sit on a bench overlooking the blackwater and think about what is happening and to try and hide from lady Margaery. She has been very persistent, and I knew that she would stop at nothing to get what she wants, and what she wants, apparently, was me.

As I wandered through the vast gardens of the red keep, I listened to the gentle crash of the waves upon the rock cliffs of Aegon's Hill I saw a feminine figure sitting on a bench, overlooking the water. I approached the figure and reached out to touch their shoulder. She turned around and I was surprised yet pleased to see Kaylin.

She stood hastily and said, while curtsying, "Prince Tommen, to what do I owe the pleasure?" she said politely. My hand moved from her shoulder and I grasped her small hand in my own and said. "I wish to speak to you about what you said to my brother, the King."

"I only wished to do what my family believes is right, I meant no offence." She mumbled quietly, fidgeting with the hem of her sleeve. I knew that she was nervous of my wrath as many were of my brothers. I used my other hand to lift her chin so that she would look into my eyes, I wanted her to trust me, to put her faith in me.

"I know you fear our marriage but you need not be afraid, I will love you from this day until my last day." I said confidently, before leaning in and meeting her lips. Every kiss we shared, no matter the length, made my entire body tingle, and I never wanted it to stop. As she reacted to the kiss and began to kiss back, I tangled one hand in her dark brown hair and another on her waist. I rubbed my thumb gently against her hip bone and she tugged on the roots of my hair by the nape of my neck.

I towed over her and she stood on her toes to reach me, to aid her I sat on the stone bench and pulled her with me. She sat sideways on my lap as she leaned in further to deepen the kiss. I took an opportunity to slip my tongue into her mouth and we continued to kiss. My hand travelled lower until my hand gently cupped her thigh and that was when she pulled away, but remained sitting on my lap.

"My prince..." She gasped, her eyes fluttering. She looked beautiful as always and I wanted nothing more than to wed her. "All I want is you, I don't want your sister, I don't want anything else, just you." I said, I wanted her to know what I was thinking, everything that was going through my head. "I do not want to lose you." I said.

"I shall request an audience with the King, and I shall attempt to persuade him that I was wrong, that I should marry you, no matter what my father wants." She said, and leaned in again to kiss me.