quatre // first kisses

:: Kaylin ::

I don't know what came over me, he kissed me, Tommen, Prince Tommen, the boy I was to marry. And I left. I freaked out and instead of doing the one thing I was meant to do, the one thing I wanted to do, I sprinted off into parts of the castle I don't know. I should've stayed there, done my duty. I know that we were starting to act like we were supposed to, and I got scared and I ruined it. I don't know where I was running to, but I didn't stop. My mind was racing and so were my feet. I ran all the way down the stairs, past countless servants and handmaidens sneaking a look back at the young lady from Highgarden rush to get away from her future.

The route to the cellar took me along a dim passageway that continued for several hundred feet then flowed out into a large room. The dragon cellar, they called it. I was where King Robert hid all 46 of the dragons that the targaryens rode during their reign when he won the throne. Where he hid evidence of the past, evidence that the man that stole his beloved away from him. Many said that the skulls reminded him of his lost love in Lyanna Stark. Each of them different sizes, they started at the far end of the room. The largest of which stood at the end of the room, , , and , the legendary dragons that conquered the Seven Kingdoms. All three were large enough for me to stand between their jaws. I imagined the power and might of the dragons, free to roam wherever they pleased, do what they want, be who they want. I wanted to be like them. Free. Independent. Instead, I was hiding from my betrothed in a forbidden room in the cellar of my future home.

As I stood there, examining the skulls of the great beasts, I heard footsteps coming down the cobblestone passageway. I panicked and ran quickly to hide behind one of the large skulls, afraid of who it might be that was quickly descending down the steps into the cellar.

Once hidden, I turned my head and peeked my eyes out from the top of the skull to look at the door. Tommen arrived, standing there, his gold hair glistening in the firelight, his blue eyes panicked. He was out of breath and flustered. "Kaylin." He shouted, his eyes searching the room for me. I saw the look of panic on his face and debated for a while. Getting no response, he moved past me and into the next room. I made up my mind and as I started to stand up, as my head passed the top of the skull, I saw him clearer, turned away from me, searching the adjoining chamber.

I stood, to sneak off to another part of the castle, hide away from the boy who had taken my first kiss, when I stepped backwards and knocked my head on a tooth of the dragon's mouth. Crying out in pain and rubbing the back of my head, an egg already forming, I heard him re-enter the room.

"Kaylin" He yelled, running over to me. I looked down at my knees, sitting on the ground, averting his eyes. He placed his hand underneath my chin and pulled my face to look at him. He looked so concerned, with worry in his face. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that, you weren't ready." He apologised. I nodded my head softly, still avoiding his piercing blue eyes. He stood, and extended his hand for me to take. I shyly grabbed it and he pulled me towards him to stand, not before I tripped on my long dress, stumbling into his chest. I quickly stepped back, looking down in embarrassment.