six

:: Joffrey ::

As soon as she asked to change the betrothal, I knew what my answer would be, but it wasn't up to me, I had to consult the small council.

"Your grace, it is not recommended that you undo this engagement, for it was forged by your late father." Grand Maester Pycelle said in his croaky voice, and many of the counsellors nodded in agreement. In truth I really did not care what they had to say, I am the king and I can do what I want, and I want for lady Margaery to stay in King's Landing.

"I am the King!" I shouted at them, "I can do what I please, and if Kaylin does not wish to marry my brother, then I shall undo the marriage and Tommen shall marry the eldest Tyrell girl, because that is my duty as the king. The Tyrells are the third most powerful house in Westeros and i need to respect their wishes." I said, looking at my mother. 

She looked at me and said, "My love, perhaps we should wait until the trial of Lord Eddard is over until we make any decisions." I nodded, obeying my mother because I knew that she would not give up, she had taken a liking to Kaylin for some reason unbeknownst to me.

I left the chambers, my ruby cloak flowing behind me. I walked up to my chambers and saw Grenn, my guard standing at the door. "Get Lady Sansa, I want to speak to her." I said rudely to him and he hurried off down the stairs, I watched him until he disappeared and then stepped inside my luxurious chambers, waiting for Sansa, I wanted to consult her about the Tyrells. I did not care for her much, but she is the future Queen and I ought to seek her guidance.

Near 5 minutes later, there was I knock at my door and she walked in, looking like she always does, her auburn hair in a fancy braid and wearing the same long sleeved dress, except today it was emerald green. "Your grace," she said and curtsied, "you summoned me?" I nodded.

"The Tyrells wish to undo Kaylins marriage to my brother, they believe that Lady Margaery would be better suited to marry a prince as she is older. What do you think I should do?" I asked, she furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought and said, "Perhaps you should ask your brother what he thinks, he might be happier if he got to chose his betrothed."

I nodded, her idea made sense, so I decided to ask Tommen tonight. "I take my leave." I said and walked out of the small council room. From the chamber beside the Throne room I took the many stairs up into the royal tower to find my brother. I reached his mahogany door and reached up to knock. As soon as I applied the slightest of pressure onto the wood, it swung open with a loud creak. I saw my little brother pacing on his balcony, arms crossed over his chest.

"Tommen!" I said, grabbing his attention, he snapped his head to my direction and bowed quickly, "Your grace." He said. "Tommen, it has come to my attention that Kaylin Tyrell is not looking forward to your upcoming wedding. She has asked me for permission to undo the marriage and instead wed you to Lady Margaery. Mother has suggested that I ask what you think of the matter." I said slowly, not wanting to rush him. My brother and sister were my weakness, I could never be cruel, or vindictive when I was around them. Growing up as the eldest, I was always in lessons, being taught about the world, and I knew how horrible the world could be, and I wanted to shield them from that as much as I possibly could. My baby sister Myrcella, sweet child, soon she would be shipped off to Dorne, and Tommen was engaged to be married and I would no longer be able to shield them.

:: Tommen ::

"Mother has suggested that I ask what you think of the matter." Joff said. I knew, of course I knew that Kaylin was reluctant to marry me, but I did not believe that she would plead for our marriage to be undone. But still, Lady Margaery did seem more eager to marry me, and perhaps with a wife who wishes to be a princess would be more suitable.

"Brother, may I have more time to make my decision?" I asked him quietly. He nodded, and turned to leave the room, shutting my door behind him. I want to be in love, my mother always told me that a King doesn't have the opportunity to fall in love because of his duty to the country. But I was not a king, so perhaps I could fall in love.

I left my room at the top of the North Tower and made the trip across the Red Keep to the tower of the hand, were both Kaylin and Margaery were situated. I first made my way to Kaylins room, because I wanted to discuss with her about our marriage, I wanted to know why she didn't want to marry me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I don't not want to marry you, it's just.... My father, the only thing he wishes for is for my sister to marry you, and I must obey my father, no matter if it goes against my personal interest." She said, pacing around her room, she finally decided upon her bed, and she sat, resting her head in her hands.

"Screw your father, I'm next in line for the throne."I said, In truth, from what I knew of them so far, I much prefered Kaylin. Margaery was so overpowering and demanding, she would ruin her sister just to marry me, a prince, whose likelihood of becoming king was next to none. But still, if it didn't please Kaylin to marry me, then she did not have to, I would not force her.

"I think you should marry Marge." She said quietly, her voice cracking slightly in the middle of her sentence.