Home life (Davenports)

We head home in big D's limo as Bree barks our ears off about a boy in her drama class how his name was Kaylub. That struck my interest as I remember a boy by that same name when I was younger. Then Chase butts in saying he has him in his math class. Adam also says he had the same P.E. period as this boy. "What does he look like?" I ask, could it be the same boy from before? No not possible he died in a fire that enveloped his whole house they said no one survived.

"He had long black wavy hair with matching eyes, a girly figure, and pale skin. Why do you ask Leo?"

"It can't be, but he's...." I trail off leading into my own thoughts. He died in the fire, or was he not even home? No cause I remember walking him home from the park. So what is this, it could be just another kid but only Kaylub has scars. I look at Adam "Adam you said you have the same gym period as him, did you see any scars like a burn mark or a long gash across his chest?" I ask as the other stare at me like i'm crazy.

"No sorry we never changed into our uniforms."

"Why are you asking these questions?" Chase asks me as I look out the window. I sigh then turn around looking them all in the eyes.

"When I was younger I had this friend who followed me around everywhere, in a good way. One day after we played at the playground I returned him home. Later that same day on the news it said that the house he lived in was up in flames. A terrible fire erupted from the kitchen killing everyone within no survivors." I then felt something wet land on my hand realizing I was crying I wiped my face.

"We're sorry we never knew." Bree says trying to reassure me.

"Its ok i'm fine really" we then arrived at home to mom and big D waiting for us with a man in a suit. "What's going on big D, mom who's this?" I prepared to fight as the others do the same.

"Don't worry kids he's on the good side, and he has something to show us come inside." All three adults enter the house as I exchange looks with the others, we then enter sitting on the couch as the man in the suit begins to talk.

"Hello my name is agent 4 I work for the spy academy. We have suspicion that a rival spy organization is trying to hurt you and they have the equipment to do so, but no worries we have some of our best spy's on the job you may know some of them." He then throws a folder as pictures come out we all gasp as the first one we see is of Kaylub. I pick it up as the man for the first time shows emotion in a smile. "Ahh so you know our youngest spy agent K. He is the best spy for the job along with him is agents F., L., A., W., plus special agents D. and N. They will be your guards in secret as long as you don't blow their cover."

We nod our heads as he leaves. We continue to look at the pictures mesmerized by the fact that kaylub was a spy. It only intrigued me more that this could be the same kid from before. I head to my room to process what's happening. Soon mom calls for dinner, and we all start eating when the question popped into my head.

"Mom remember that kid from when we lived alone, and how he always pretended to be a spy?" The others stop eating and look at me as I stare at my mom waiting for her response.

"Yes I do but he's-"

"no the others have him in their classes, and his name is Kaylub just like the boy from the fire." I say cutting her off trying to reassure myself that he's not dead.

"I guess it's a common name now, but again he's-"

"no this boy has all the same features, and everything he's not dead." I again cut her off as I feel tears fall again. I excuse myself from the table, and go to bed early trying to avoid questions.

"Well that got tense fast," Adam says as he continues to eat. I shake my head at his actions, and look towards Leo's room concerned for the other little man in the house.

"He still blames himself for the death of the child." Miss. Tasha says while she eats. I decide to investigate,

"why does he blame himself?" I ask as I finish my food and look at Miss. Tasha. Who looks away and shrugs.

"Can I eat Leo's food?" We all look at Adam "what he's not going to eat it, and food should never go to waste." I shake my head as Miss. Tasha grabs her son's plate, and wraps it up putting it in the fridge.

"Time for bed everyone." Uncle Douglas says as Adam and I head to our shared room, and Bree heads to her own room. I enter, and get into bed going to sleep.

It started like the day that he died. I was skipping towards the park my new Ds game in hand then I see him swinging on the swings just like the day I first meet him, in his black hoody looking at the ground. This time I walked up to him and showed him the game I held in my hands. "Look Kaylub I have the new Pokemon game wanna play?" I asked as he bent his head back looking at me with his adorable black eyes with a glisten of excitement in them. "I'll take that as a yes." I chuckle as I sit on the swing next to him and hand him my Ds with Pokemon Heartgold in it already. He played for a bit as I watched the sun reflect off his pale skin and shining black hair. I blush as I realize how I was staring at him for a full 20 minutes. He then looks at me "can I come over and spend the night my mom said it was ok with her, so can I?" He asked as I thought it over and decided no. When I told him my choice he continued to smile saying it was ok, he continued playing till he beat the first 3 gyms then the street lights came on signaling that it was time to go. I walk him home as he hands me the Ds when we reach his house door. Then my dream fades to the news of the fire, and how he died. I cry for hours and realize if I had said yes he would still be here.

I wake up tears streaming down my cheek. I get up and clean my face then I return to my room and return to sleep this time with a dreamless sleep.