Realization

The next day when everyone entered the school. Everyone was weary of the new kids mostly Kaylub. As the school day progressed, Kaylub was called to the nurses after nearly passing out in science. In the nurse's office were Otto, Zero, Leo, Chase, and Fritz who was at his side in seconds.

"You ok?"

"Yeah just the fumes of the classroom." Kaylub said smiling his goofy smile.

"Please take off you shirt I need to examine the wound." The nurse said as Kaylub winced.

"Wound what wound!?!" Fritz asked as the nurse pushed him away.

"Ether sit there in silence or leave." The nurse said then turned her attention back onto Kaylub.

"It's ok Fritz it's not that deep." Kaylub said his voice wavering a bit. He then proceed to take of his shirt which revealed a blade scar from his right shoulder to his left hip bone. Then when he turned around there was a strange branding that for some reason was bleeding along with a stab wound in his back.

"You are right it is a scrape but don't take it lightly." She cleans up both wounds and wraps his chest in bandages. "Now you take it easy I recommend staying in bed till the wound finishes healing and don't come to school for a while. Understood?" She asked glaring at him. He gulped and nodded his head. "Good, Fritz you take him home now, and i'll excuse you for class." She helps Kaylub up as Fritz gets up and takes him home. Wow what a scar and that symbol it's weird, but I thought I saw his eyes flash gold when the nurse touched it. Could he be inhuman?  They all thought as he left the room.

I laid in the back seat as Fritz drove it was then did I actually go to sleep. Within my mind I went through the events of last night

I opened my eyes to see a shadow hovering over me. "Ah glad to see your eyes open young one we have much to discuss." I sit up as the shadow sits on the bed. "You know your mother's mistake messing with the laws of nature and human lives?" I nod fearing my voice might give away my fear of this strange being. "Good now you know why i'm here. She tapped into the earth's power and awoken some people who should be at rest. They want you dead." I move away a bit as he moves closer. "No, no fear not I am like them but not with them i'm here to protect you." He rests his hand on my knee as I turn paler than I already was. "They mean you harm but I will not let them." He removed his hood to reveal a pale face vampire like, blue eyes, and long blond hair. He bowed.

"Ok so why do they want me dead and what are you?" I asked as he rose.

"I am what you might call a vampire, but I only drink a portion of human blood unlike other vampires who drink to kill. They want you dead due to your family ties with the woman who unearthed us."

"Ok that's good to know, so vampires are after me and I have to do what?"

"It's simple really just avoid anyone with fangs and bad intentions. You can sense when something is wrong that's how you avoided the fire when you were 3." I nodded saddened by the memory then I got that ickning feeling again.

"Duck!!" I push him down, and move him out of the way. When a blade grazed me, but the blood lose started getting to my head when I used my "special gift from the dream" to knock out the attacker. The last thing I saw was the shadow drip blood into my mouth from his arm.