The sighting

Laurence
It was the exact same routine. "..Nicole and Katelyn are gathering wood for building, Kawaii~chan and Donna are preparing food for the village shop, Cadenza, you are making cloaks on your sewing machine as winter is approaching and finally Dante, Brendan and Laurence.."
"Are going up the stupid mountain to gather new supplies!" It was the sixth time that morning that Laurence had interrupted Garroth's  speech but he was bored, everyone was. Ever since the old Lord died and Pheonix Drop was destroyed Garroth had taken charge. He felt it was his duty as head guard however wanted to keep everything how it was when the villagers resided in Pheonix Drop. He had to keep to the rules exactly and everyone hated it. Laurence especially. He had appreciated it when the people of the old village had nowhere to turn and needed help but it had been 16 months since the "incident". Despite his hatred for this new life he better get on with his job......he couldn't be bothered to argue with Garroth today.

Xx

"Laurence, you really need to learn how to shut that mouth of yours!" Dante called from higher up the mountain. Laurence sighed, Dante was right. He needed to bite his tongue. Garroth was the last person you wanted to upset.

After about an hour of silent searching Brendan hollered at Dante (who had as always,  stormed off ahead) to sit down and tuck into the bag of food Kawaii~chan had given the group. Brendan and Dante lay out the food and started ploughing through it. Laurence clambered up to join them, when he heard a rustle from the trees that ran up the side of the mountain. He slid over to the closest tree and peered into the thick forest. Nothing. Laurence went to turn around when he heard a yelp. The guard spun around on his heels to see a girl with ebony hair, hazel eyes and a violet and indigo cloak running down the hill. Before Laurence could do a thing she was out of sight. Just then a furious Dante shrieked from above "Laurence, hurry up! Garroth is going to kill is if we go back with only these dumb pink flowers!"  He decided not to tell Dante about the girl in case he got worried and told Garroth.
Laurence started climbing but slipped down to a lower ledge cutting his hand. "Damn!" He cursed.
"Hey Laurence! Guess you aren't as good on your feet as you think!" A smirking Brendan called from above. The chestnut haired guard stood in shock. For the first time ever he wasn't thinking about his balance and instead that strange girl in the forest. The whole situation felt familiar. Too familiar.

Hi guys!
I hope you enjoyed chapter one! This is my first book and hopefully there will be more to come. I will include some Garmau and Laurmau eventually but I'm not going to say what the final outcome will be!
That's all for now.
-Hootieowl33