The girl

Garroth

Garroth paced back and forth his cream coloured cottage. He had been stressing out ever since the search group had returned from the mountain. And he had a very good reason why. Laurence had not spoken once when they came back to the village which was completely unheard of. He was hiding something. Something Garroth was desperate to know.

He couldn't stand it any longer. The door was swung open and Garroth went marching down the path to Cadenza's house. The garden was filled with roses that he had to dodge in order to reach the door.
KNOCK KNOCK
Cadenza opened the door with a needle held between her teeth and a tin of pins grasped in her hands. " Hello Garroth!" Cadenza mumbled through her clenched teeth. " Hello, listen is Laurence in?"
"Yes... In his room."
"Will you call him down for me?"      
"Sure." She swayed over to the stairs and hollered " LAURENCE!"
" Sis what do you want?"
"Garroth wants to see you!"
"H-he does?....I'm coming." Laurence leapt down the stairs and met the head guard at the door. "Laurence what is wrong?"
"What do you mean?"
"I know you found something on the mountain,"
"Not exactly something." Laurence muttered under his breath.
"What was that?"
"Fine. I saw a girl." Laurence said bluntly
"A girl?"
"Yes, in the woods. She doesn't live here and when I looked at her, she bolted."
"Do you think she has something to hide?"
"Probably, I didn't say because I was worried you would panic."
" Oh my Irene I bet she will burn the village down!"
"Garroth go home, there is nothing to worry about!" And with that Laurence slammed the door and crept upstairs so Cadenza wouldn't make him model her clothes. Little did Garroth know that as he walked home a mysterious figure glanced down from the forest watching him.

Hi guys! Sorry that this is a shorter chapter than the last. I hope you enjoyed it all the same. I wonder if the person in the woods will show themselves! That's all for now
-Hootieowl33