Chapter 4

A/n *TW**

"Dan...why?"

I look up into his eyes, they continue to stare at my wrist with horror. The he looks up, staring into my eyes with the look of a lost puppy, disappointed and searching for happiness. The deep red cuts across my wrist from a few days ago are just starting to scab over. It was the first time in a month too, I was doing so well. I guess depression will always win in the end.

"I..I have to go" I turn and run, not looking back. Phil shouts after me but I carry on running. I run down the corridors, shoving past angry students as they make their way down the halls to their next class. I bang through the door of the boys toilets, and lock myself in a cubicle. I thought I could hide it forever. Obviously my parents know, and my therapist, but I hate other people realising, the look of horror on their face when they see what I do to myself, how much of a monster I am, how broken I am.

I take out the small razor blade from inside my wallet. I always carry one on me, it can be a life saver at times. Its an addiction like no other, huh. I take a deep breath and dig into the flesh on my left wrist, twisting the blade and slicing across my arm like there's no tomorrow. I keep slashing, and slashing, and slashing, until my jumper sleeve is soaked at the bottom with my blood. Shaking, I sit down on the toilet seat, and wipe the blade clean. I take out my phone.

"Mum, I know you're at work and I'm really sorry but as soon as you get this come to pick me up. It happened again"

Then I slide to the grimy floor of the toilet cubicle and cry.