Chapter 7

Its seven o'clock. No sign of Mr Lester yet. I'm sat on our cream leather couch in the lounge, watching Attack on Titan. My family went out about half an hour ago, but they probably won't be home for at least five hours. They're always running  around after Adrian, and never giving a damn what I do. 

I hear it. A knock at the door. This is it Dan. I check my English book is on the table where I left it, and hop up to answer the door, taking a few deep breaths before putting the key in the lock and opening the front door. 

There he is. Phil, wearing a black shirt, with a black bow tie and his regular black jeans. I take in the sight of him, almost like I'm breathing him in. Then I realise how creepy I must look and cough, before giving him an awkward smile.

"Hi Phil" it still feels wrong calling a teacher by their first name, even though I've not been at school long at all "Come in, make yourself comfy". 

"Hiya Dan. Do you have your English book?"

"Yeah, its just through here" I lead him through the downstairs to the kitchen table. I take a seat and he takes the one next to me. I can't help but stare into those gorgeous blue eyes, but he stays firmly focused on the work, almost as though he's trying to distract himself from something. Odd.

"So besides school how have you been Dan? You haven't harmed again have you?" He gives me the sad puppy eyes and my heart melts into a puddle on the floor. 

I roll my sleeves up to show him my latest round of cuts, over the top of a layer of white and light pink scarring. Its always going to be there, as proof of how weak I am. Phil gives me a look of pure disappointment. I look down into my lap, ashamed.

Suddenly I feel him gently pick up my arm, and bring it to his mouth gently. He kisses the deepest cut on my wrist, then lets go and gives me a sad smile. I stare at him, partly with fascination, and partly with shock. Did he..?? A teacher..?? Did he just kiss my arm...?? I'm confused. Mega confused. yet I continue to gaze into his eyes, like a small child glancing at presents under the tree on Christmas day. 

He stares back at me, with those perfect eyes. I look down at his lips to find them smirking back at me, then back up to his eyes. Phil starts to bite his lip, and my mind goes into overdrive. How is this possible? He's a teacher, I'm a student. But he feels like so much more. I hardly know this man, yet I feel as though I've known him my whole life.

I find myself leaning in, until our lips touch, gently but just enough that I need more. I move my hand through his hair, as we continue to kiss, moving as one. This is amazing.

Then Phil pulls away. He runs his hands through his hair, and stands up. Adjusting his glasses, he gathers his things from my kitchen table hurriedly and starts to make for the front door. 

With a worried and pained look on his face, he says "Look Dan, as much as I loved that, you must know that this can never, ever, ever happen again"

I stare at him speechless, as he half walks, half runs towards the door, and leaves.