Chapter 2

Arnwen (Cúen) POV  

The next morning we searched Bree in hopes of finding my brother but we had no luck. "Alright let's head to Rivendell and see if we can find him." I said. We got our horses and left Bree. I had to hope he would be in Rivendell or Gondor or else I would have no idea where he would be. Thanks to the speed of our horses, We travelled through Weathertop and made it to the trollshaws before we made camp. "Malgoben, take first watch tonight since you didn't do it last night." I ordered him. "Yes cúen." he replied. We made camp and ate a brief dinner made of also lembas bread. Then everyone went to their cots and fell asleep. I stood there for a moment then said "I am going to get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning." then I found my cot and drifted into dream.

We rose early the next morning and had breakfast. We packed up our stuff and headed to Rivendell. "We should be there before nightfall if we ride fast." I told them and we spread into a full gallop. "Will we be welcomed in the house of Elrond?" Toron asked. "I have been there before. I am friends with Elrond. Do not worry, we will be welcome." I assured them. We rode for a few more hours before coming to a stream. "I think our horses are getting tired, I think we should let them rest." Our horse expert Loborneth said behind us. "She is right. Fill up our water supply and let the horses drink." I ordered. We dismounted and let the horses drink the river water while we filled our water skins. Loborneth approached and said "You should be more careful on how hard a horse can ride and when it needs to rest." "I know. Thanks for reminding me. We are almost there." I replied. "Let's head out. We will reach them in a few hours." I told my company. We rode for a few hours until we could see the elven buildings ahead. We made it to Rivendell. 

"Lord Elrond!" I exclaimed. I ran to him as fast as I could. "Welcome to Rivendell." he said. The rest of my company dismounted and bowed respectfully. "You have company this time. What are their names." he asked. "Lord Elrond, here is Malgoben, my lieutenant, Loborneth my horse master, Toron, Magor and Gurthwen, my swords and spear men, Cúnir, Pengwen and Cúves my archers and Luingwen and Cílben my healers." I introduced them. "Welcome to Rivendell." he said to my companions. "Is my brother here? I asked him. "I haven't seen him, but one of his friends is here visiting. He is a great archer. Come, you must be exhausted." He replied. We followed him inside his house and had rooms available. It was more like a castle than a house but I didn't complain. My company thanked him and went off to their rooms. "I must speak with you." I said to Lord Elrond. "What is it?" he asked. "They don't know my real name is Arnwen. It must be a secret. Call me by my alias Cúen." I asked him. "Very well. I will keep your secret safe." he responded. "Come, I will Introduce you to your brother's friend." with that, I followed him toward his archery field.

"Cúen, this is Legolas of Mirkwood. Legolas, this is Cúen, Aragorn's sister." Elrond introduced me. "I will leave you." Elrond said as he walked toward his house. "Nice to meet you Legolas Greenleaf." I said, fighting the urge to smirk. "I thought Aragorn's sister had a different name?" He asked me. "Cúen is an alias." I told him. "Then what is your real name?" Legolas asked me, also trying to hide his smirk from already knowing the answer. "Arnwen. It is so good to see you brother." I whispered into his pointed elf ear. Yes. Technically I am legolas's sister. My father Arathorn had an affair with Gilrin, legolas's mom. So I am his half brother. "It is good to see you to Arnwen." he said but I cut him off. "Use my alias. Only Elrond and my lieutenant know my true name. Keep it a secret." I told him. "Alright Cúen." he replied and rolled his eyes. "Do you know where Aragorn is?" I asked him. "Yes. He took up his rightful place as king of Gondor." he responded. "Thank you. I have to go. It is rather late and I'd like to get some sleep." I informed him. "Need any tips for archery let me know. Goodnight sister." he replied as I walked back to the house of Elrond.