Chapter 4

Arnwen POV

     The plan was to ride along the east side of the misty mountains along the north-south road. We then will cross the gap of Rohan and stop at Edoras to resupply. We will then will make for Minas Tirith where Aragorn is. "We will rest at nightfall but for now we will go at full speed." I told them. "But my Lady, the horses won't be able to go into a full gallop the whole way. May I suggest we canter? They will be able to do it till sunset." Loborneth asked. "Good point Loborneth. Let's go. I nudged my horse and we all set off along the side of the Misty Mountains.

     The scenery was beautiful. We rode on the edge of the Misty Mountains all day and we were around half way to Moria when we made camp. I figured that in a few days we will pass the gap of Rohan and Isengard. Then a few more days till we resupply in Edoras. I wondered how Aragorn will see me now that I am traveling with other dúnedain and Legolas. I hope he will recognize me or at least see us as friends. I do not want to have to fight and possibly kill his men. "You should get some sleep Arnwen." Legolas said interrupting my thoughts. "Your right. Goodnight Legolas." I replied as I got in my cot and fell asleep.

Legolas POV

     I stayed up to watch the camp since elves don't need to sleep often.  Actually, we don't need to sleep ever.   Arnwen said something about a wild men camp they came across. I better keep an eye on the camp in case of attack. Ever since Arnwen came to Rivendell, she has been acting a lot like Aragorn had during the war of the ring. Maybe it is because of the need to search for her brother. If she is willing to take up her place she declined, she could save middle-earth. But how? She seems reluctant to name herself as the heir to Fornost like Aragorn. I guess we can only hope she will choose the same path Aragorn did because if she doesn't, it could be disastrous. I got up and stoked the fire to warm the camp. I only wish we could travel faster to reach Minas Tirith sooner but we are making good time. I sat by the fire and for the rest of the night, I wondered if I should've went across the sea to Valinor. I was in Rivendell to meet Gimli and follow the road of my people. But it seems I am still needed in middle-earth and that is a good thing because I am one of the last elves still here.

Arnwen POV

     I woke up from my slumber and ate a quick breakfast before continuing our long journey. We rode along the mountainside in silence until Legolas asked "How did you meet your company?" we had a long way to journey so I told them. "About 1289 years ago, after my city was burnt I went to as many places as I could and warned them of what had happened. When I went to Rivendell, Lord Elrond felt bad and offered me to stay but I declined and said that I would prefer to live in the wilderness to be hidden. He understood and gave me supplies to live and routes to take if I wanted to explore. I departed from Rivendell and set off into the wilderness. I visited Mirkwood in TA 3018, looking for you Legolas but you were away on a quest during the war of the ring. I returned to Bree and defended the shire and Bree until I found Malgoben. He knew who I was by sight and asked if I would join their company. Obviously I accepted and from then on, we have been going on missions to protect the Shire and raid various Wildman clans." I finished just as we came to the gap of Rohan.

     The gap of Rohan didn't look very interesting, but we did not notice because we were celebrating that we made it this far. "Alright let's keep on going. We may end up in Edoras sooner than we thought." I told my company.

     We rode on towards the setting sun and made camp when the moon came into view. I told my company that I will keep watch tonight. Legolas did not object as I watched everyone fall asleep. "What is one elf and ten dúnedain doing in Rohan?" I looked behind me and drew my sword. "Why should I tell you?" I responded to him. He took off his helmet to reveal a familiar face. "Éomer? What are you doing out here?" I asked him. "Théoden is dead. I am now supposed to be heading to Minas Tirith to negotiate with Aragorn. Why are you here?" he replied. "I am going to Edoras to resupply and then head to Gondor to see my brother." I told him. "Very well, my scouts said that some dúnedain was drawing close to the border so I came here to investigate. I will be heading back to Edoras and making my journey from there. Would you care to join us?" He asked me. "Sure since we are going the same way. We will leave in the morning." I informed him. He said farewell and went back to his men to tell them the news.