Chapter 10

Arnwen POV

     As I walked towards the houses of healing, I was accompanied by Legolas, who also wanted to visit Aragorn. When we arrived, Aragorn was lying on the ground next to the hearth. "Aragorn!" I yelled. A moment later Cílben ran into the room, picked up Aragorn and laid him on the bed. "What is going on? Is he all right?" Aragorn's daughter-Aerlinniel said as she ran up to her father to see if he was alright. "He is fine Aerlinniel, he must of woken up and fell asleep by the fire." I assured her. "He did more than that, I didn't apply the bandages yet." Cílben responded. Everyone looked at him. "Anyways, why don't you wait outside of the room or come back another time." Cílben suggested. Arelenniel and Legolas walked over to an injured elf who was sleeping. I found nothing else to do so I followed her. "Who is he? Relative?" I asked Aerlinniel. "He is my son. He was injured in the battle." Legolas replied. I came closer to see his facial features. He had hair the color of the sun and pointed elf ears. I guess Legolas did not want him to sail away like Mithrandir and most of his kin did. "What is his name?" I questioned them. "Arbellason my Lady." Aerlinniel answered. I noticed that she was sad at what happened to Arbellason. "I should get going, I have to see my men." I told them and walked back to the castle where my rangers were. I heard but chose to ignore the footsteps behind me as someone followed me.

Elfwine POV

Malgoben was waiting with the rest of the dúnedain rangers when Arnwen walked towards them. "My Lady, when shall we leave for Bree?" he asked. "Soon, but first we ride to the various Wildman camps to defeat them. I am afraid that you have a different task. Go into the wilderness and find the rest of our race. They are probably in the north or in Bree." Arnwen ordered them. "Yes, my Lady." he responded and went to pack his things. The rest of her company followed him. "Aerlinniel, is there a reason why you followed me here?" she questioned. But when she turned around she saw only me. "Oh, I thought Aerlinniel was following me. I'm sorry Elfwine. Why are you here?" she asked me. "I came to tell you that a messenger delivered bad news." I tried not to think of the news. "Go on, what did the messenger say?" Arnwen asked me. "It's my father. He is d-dead." I struggled with the words. "I am sorry Elfwine. Aren't you the heir?" she recalled. "Yes, but my mother said to stay here until we start to head out into the east and to ride with you." I lied at the last part but it seemed better than to do nothing. "Thank you for telling me. Come, let's help them pack." She suggested as she walked down the hall after Malgoben.

Arnwen POV

After I said goodbye to Malgoben and the rest of his company, I went back to the houses of healing. Aragorn was awake in his bed. "Are you feeling better?" I asked him. He sat up and answered "Yes. I am better. Cílben told me that I am ready to leave. Have you met any of my daughters?" I walked closer and helped him stand up. "I met Aerlinniel, but I haven't seen any others." I replied. He walked out of his room and into Arbellason's. I was surprised to see that Arbellason was awake. "Arbellason, this is Arnwen, the heir and new Queen of Arnor." Aragorn introduced. He stood up and knelt. "It is a pleasure to meet you my Lady. I hope you weren't injured in the uproar yesterday." I had to fight the urge not to smile as he blushed. "Rise, luckily I was not injured. Only a few cuts that is all." I told him as he stood up and sat on his bed. I noticed that he had azure eyes, but with dots of brown. "Your father Legolas also wasn't injured during the outbreak." Aragorn assured him. "You should get some sleep, we will leave. It was nice to meet you Arbellason." I told him. "It was nice to meet you to my Lady." he said as we walked out of the houses of healing and towards the castle.

Once we entered the castle, there was a few girls standing in a line. "Arnwen, these are my daughters Bellasiel, Alatariel, Estelwen and Aerlinniel." Aragorn introduced them to me. They took Aragorn and helped him to his room to get some rest for the sun was setting.

I walked back to my room alone and opened the door. I saw Elfwine was here reading in a chair. "Why are you in here?"I demanded, since this is my room. He looked up from his book and knelt. "I am sorry my Lady, I was-was looking for a particular book and thought I would f-ind it here. I got carried away once I found the book and f-forgot to leave." He stuttered. "First of all, why are you groveling? You are now a King and second you can leave for it is late and I must retire to my bed." I told him. He got up and left with the book with reddened cheeks. Once he left, I sighed and looked at my bookshelf to see which book he took. I saw that he took the book I was reading so I grabbed a random book from the shelf and layed down on my bed. The cover said "The race of men." I flipped to the table of contents and found the page of wild men. I read about their strengths and weaknesses until I fell asleep.