Chapter 8

Arnwen POV

     I couldn't sleep so I explored the city. Faramir left a few hours ago and said he would be back by morning. I looked in the direction of Minas Tirith and sighed. So close to my goal, but once we arrive, the hard part really begins. We will have to either convince the wild men to join with us or be forced to resort to combat. If we fail, middle-earth will be utterly destroyed. All of a sudden, I saw a figure on a horse coming towards us. "He must've finished his negotiations." Malgoben said as he came up from behind me. "It appears so." I replied. "You might want to get some rest. We will leave soon." He suggested and quickly added, "Lady." "Your right. Goodnight Malgoben." I responded and returned to my room.

     I barely started to sleep when Faramir said that it was time to leave. I guess we were headed for Minas Tirith. I found Shadowfax and lead him over to Faramir who as soon as he saw Shadowfax, he gawked at him. "We meet again, Lord." he said to Shadowfax as he bowed at him. "You have a strong bond with Shadowfax." he told me as the rest of my company approached with their horses. "How do you know that?" I asked. "My wife Eowyn is from Rohan." he explained. "Let's go Faramir, I am eager to visit my brother." I ordered as I mounted on Shadowfax. My company mounted as Faramir said "yes my Lady" and started out for Minas Tirith.

We rode for an hour and came to the gates. "My Lord Faramir, who are you traveling with?" One guard asked impatiently. "I am Arnwen, daughter of Arveleg the first and these are my companions." I told him. He immediately knelt and pleaded, "Forgive me Lady, I did not know who you were." "It is fine don't worry." he turned to the men behind the gates and yelled, "Open the gates!" as the gates started to open, Faramir nudged his horse forward. "Where are you going?" I asked. "I am going to see Eowyn, my Lady. I did not get to visit her last night." He answered. And he entered Minas Tirith just as the gates were wide enough to fit a horse in them. "You may go in now, my Lady. That is as wide as the gates open." Said the guard. I thanked him and my companions and I entered Minas Tirith.

     Aragorn must've announced we were coming because people were lined up beside us as we trotted through the seven levels of the city. Once we got to the seventh level, we saw the white tree in full bloom in the middle of the courtyard. In behind the tree, the house of Aragorn was with stables beside it. We dismounted and walked towards the stables. "Take good care of Shadowfax." I told the stable boy. "Yes my Lady." he responded and took our horses into the stables. I heard footsteps coming from the castle so I turned that direction to see Aragorn. "Arnwen? How did you escape Tyrn Gorthad?" he asked. "That was a long time ago Aragorn. I'm surprised you know about our dark history." I replied. "We have more important things to worry about right now. Wild men have been attacking small towns in Rohan and Gondor. We must stop them." I told him. "You must be weary. We will talk about this subject another time. For now, we can occupy ourselves with feasts and parties. Come, tell me the names of who you are traveling with." he responded. So I introduced my companions to Aragorn. When I got to Legolas, he stepped forward and embraced Aragorn. "It is good to see you old friend." Aragorn muttered. "Come, get cleaned up and refreshed. Tomorrow is the feast of starlight and I would be happy to invite you to it." Aragorn said as he showed us to the guest rooms.

     Later, I realized that I forgot to bring some of my saddlebags to Minas Tirith from Osgiliath, including my dress that I was planning to wear. Oh well, I guess I will have to go out and buy one later. Anyway, after I got settled, I decided to explore the city. As I walked back to the house, a black haired elf approached me, holding a beautiful icy blue dress. "I heard you needed a dress to wear for tonight.  This dress was from my father Elrond but It never seemed to fit on me so it is yours." she offered. "Thank you Lady Arwen, I will wear it tonight." I replied as she handed me the dress. At that point, a young lady with dark hair ran up to Arwen and said, "Mother, Father needs you in the throne room. You also must start to get ready for tonight." it was then that she looked who Arwen was talking to and knelt. "My Lady Arnwen, I am sorry for interrupting your conversation. Please forgive me." She pleaded. "Stand up and don't worry, you had important information to share. I am quite surprised you even recognized me since we have never met." I told her. As she stood up, Arwen introduced her to me, "This is my daughter Aerlinniel one of my eldest daughters." "It is nice to meet you Aerlinniel. I look forward to meeting your other daughters as well Arwen. Now I must be off, for we all have to get ready for tonight." I suggested. "I will see you later." I said and walked back to my room to prepare for the feast of starlight.