Chapter 9

Arnwen POV

     I returned to my room and examined the floor length dress. It was an icy blue, with a few layers that had blue and white flowers on the rim. I quickly slipped it on and managed to zip up the zipper at the back, barely managing to breathe. Right, the tight dresses that you can barely breathe in. I definitely did not miss this part of being royal. I thought. At least I could still breathe, I was just limited. I found that the dress came with a long matching cloth and a cape. I tied the cloth around my waist and hooked Aradhael on it. 'Better be safe than sorry' I thought. I pinned the cape on the thin strappes so It looked like part of the dress. I put on a pearl necklace and fancy white and silver sandals. I took one final look in the mirror and left to meet Arwen in the throne room.

     As we arrived, and door was open next to the throne room, where the guests were walking in. "Well that must be the banquet hall." I muttered as I walked inside the doors.

     I sat next to Arwen near the middle of the table, food already in front of us. Once again we prayed to the Valar and ate our food. After we all finished, Aragorn and Arwen told us to head to their ballroom. We followed them in and all the couples that attended started to dance. I walked over to where Aragorn and Arwen were and said, "You can go ahead and dance, I can watch over the party. After all, I do not have a partner to dance with." "Thank you Arnwen, We accept your offer." Aragorn replied and walked to the dance floor with Arwen. I ended up talking to Malgoben, Legolas, Elfwine and the rest of my company. "So, what is next my Lady?" Elfwine asked. "Haven't you heard of the plan?" he just shook his head. "We have to stop the wild men from destroying middle-earth. Although, you have a different agenda with your father Lord." Malgoben informed him. Just then I heard swords being drawn. I looked onto the dance floor and saw that all of the guests were surrounded, including Aragorn and Arwen. Legolas strung the bow he had in his quiver and nocked an arrow. My archers followed his lead while the rest of us drew swords. "Who is in charge here?" One of the men - probably the leader demanded. " just as Aragorn was about to answer him I interjected with, "I am and you have walked into a trap. Legolas!" He looked at me with disgust as the archers loosed there arrows. 'How I wish I brought my bow without me' I thought as I unsheathed my sword and charged into battle. As I killed one of the men. I could hear Legolas shouted "Fithteen." and a few seconds later, Malgoben would reply "Seventeen." I smiled at them as I decapitated another and cried out, "Twenty." They looked at me, shrugged and continued to count their kills. As I decapitated another, I felt a shadow behind me. I turned around and saw a sword emerging from the wild men's stomach. He crumpled to the ground and behind him was Elfwine, who pulled his sword out of the man's gut. I saw someone behind him that he did not notice and I threw my sword at the figure. Elfwine turned and saw who I was aiming at as I retrieved my sword. I turned and saw that most of the men were dead. I walked over to where Aragorn was and Elfwine followed me. "I saw that, you two make a good team." Aragorn pondered. I saw Elfwine smile at the comment as he changed the subject, "I was sent here to negotiate the terms of borders once we settle east, but I guess we have more important matters to discuss." "Yes, your right. Now why did you come here Arnwen? I think it had something to do with the wild men but I am not entirely sure." Aragorn asked as the rest of my company arrived. "You are right Aragorn, I came here to ask if I could reunite the dúnedain by reclaiming my homeland." I told him. "You know that would mean you would be in charge, and by what I've seen, I think you are like me where you do not like to rule. Are you sure?" Aragorn questioned. "If it means saving middle-earth, than yes. I am sure." I replied. "Very well, you didn't have to ask because you are the rightful heir." Aragorn stated. Just then I noticed that one of Aragorn's shoulders were bleeding. "Cílben, take Aragorn to the healers."I ordered him. "It is alright my Lady, help the others first." Aragorn insisted. "Cílben, do as I ask. You need rest Aragorn, and your shoulder is not in good health." I told him. Cílben went to Aragorn's side and motioned for him to follow. As they left I turned to Legolas and Malgoben and asked, "What are your final counts?" "Forty two." Malgoben said. "Forty three Lady." Legolas told us. "Not bad, I got fifty-five." I replied as I walked away and headed back to my room.

Elfwine POV

     After Arnwen left, I turned and asked Legolas, "How could she have killed fifty-five enemies?" "I do not know my Lord Elfwine, but we should get some rest before the sun rises." Legolas answered as we started walking towards our rooms. "I have a question Malgoben. Have you ever had a crush on Arnwen?" I asked him. "When I first met her, she said she was 'off-limits'." Malgoben replied. "Why do you ask Lord?" "Oh, nothing." I lied. "Ah. Here's my room. I will see you tomorrow." I told them as I unlocked the door and stepped inside to my guest room.

Aragorn POV

     I woke up just as Cílben took out the arrow tip in my shoulder. I heard him yelp as he saw that I had just woken up. "Sorry, my Lord. We had to get the arrow out in order to prevent infection." he said. "It's alright. Do what you must." I told him as I closed my eyes as he grabbed some Athelas and pressed it into my wound. I nearly cried out in pain as he pressed it harder and began to sing and elvish healing spell. After a while, he stopped and put away the Athelas and left. I spotted some bandages and wrapped them around my wounded shoulder. I then sat down as close to the fire as possible so my shoulder will warm up. Not long after, I slow closed my eyes in the firelight.

Arnwen's dress:
(Also my grad dress)

Arnwen's dress:(Also my grad dress)