Chapter 14

Arnwen POV

"Have any of you wondered why the wild men did not disappear with all the orcs when the ring was destroyed?" Ardir questioned as we rode to Mordor. We had already stopped by Minas Tirith and roused the army to fight. "There are wild men. There's no telling what they'll do and who they will ally with. Unfortunately, what's the Corsairs of Umbar, the Haradrim, the Dunlendings and the Easterlings have all allied with each other and are waiting for us with a massive army behind the black gates." I told him. "Great. I guess we will have to ally with the men of Rohan. Good thing we already lighted the beacons for there help." Ardir replied. "That is if Elfwine will answer." I prayed to the Valar that Rohan will help as we continued to ride towards the black gate.

We set up camp nearby the black gate. Because of the war of the ring, half of the ground under the black gate wasn't there anymore. There was only a small narrow path that led to the black gates entrance. We figured we would wait on the attack until Rohan showed up or the wild men attacks us. Ardir walked towards where I was sitting and handed me a bowl of stew. I ate a spoonful and tried to mask my disgust as I ate another spoonful. "It is good thank you. Or at least better than eating lembas for days on end." I lied as he walked away towards his company. I dumped some onto the grass behind me and tried to eat as much as I could manage. I did not want them to think that I was starving. I finished and walked into the massive tent that was given to me. I laid out my cot onto the low mattress and fell asleep.

Malgoben POV

My company and I rode across the misty mountains until we came to Edoras. We searched the city but only woman and children were here. "Where are all of the men?" I asked a middle-aged women. "They are called to battle from Gondor sir." she replied as she ran to carry out her duties. I looked up at the great hall and saw Lothíriel watching us. Once we got to the steps of the great hall, we dismounted as Lothíriel walked towards us. "My Lady." I addressed her as my company and I bowed. "Why have you come?" She asked us. "Lord Elrond told us to find a group of Dúnedain led by Ardir. Do you know where they went?" I responded. "They met up with Arnwen and Aragorn's company and went to the black gate. My men are edging towards the black gate to help." She said. "Thank you my Lady. With your permission, we would like to join them." I told her. "Go. The more men they have the better. Farewell Malgoben." She replied as she walked back towards the great hall. My men and I mounted our horses and left Edoras, heading to the black gate.

Elfwine POV

I led my people into Gondor. We soon came upon the site of Osgiliath and Minas Tirith. We rode through Osgiliath and scaled the levels of Minas Tirith. We dismounted as we came to the courtyard and walked towards the great hall. "Welcome my Lord Elfwine, I assume you are heading towards the black gate to fight the wild men?" Faramir said as he and Eowyn came up to us. "Hello. Yes you lit the beacons so I assume Aragorn needed help." I replied. "They are on the way to the black gate, like Faramir said. It's a shame that Éomer is not here." Eowyn answered. "Come, stay here awhile." she insisted. "If it pleases you Eowyn, but we can't stay for Aragorn and Arnwen are waiting." I told her. As we walked inside, I saw a girl standing nearby watching. I turned my head and kept walking.