Chapter 13

Arnwen POV

There wasn't much of a crowd but the crowd that was here cheered on Elfwine. Lothíriel appeared out of the great hall and when Elfwine dismounted, she ran up to him and said. "Finally you are home. I missed you." she then noticed us and added "I didn't know we had visitors, especially the kings and queen of other kingdoms." "Don't worry, we are only staying for the night. We have to hunt the wild men encampments and there is one nearby." I told her. "You mean there 'was' one nearby. My men killed them all last night" A hooded figure came out of the great hall. "Who are you?" Elfwine asked. He pulled his hood off to reveal dark brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a simple navy tunic with a matching cloak and pants. "Ardir? How did you find me?" I asked. "Luck. Elrond told me you were headed here so I came here hoping to find you. I was about to leave tomorrow for Minas Tirith but I see that I don't need to." Ardir replied. I dismounted, walked towards him and hugged him. "I see you took your father's title, My Lady." He must of noticed I had Aradhael because he took a step back and bowed. "Please. You are my friend. There is no need for that." I told him. He stood up as Elfwine came over. "Who is he?" Elfwine asked. "He is a close friend of mine. Before my kingdom was destroyed, he was the son of one of my father's Lords.  That is when my kingdom collapsed." I explained. "Come inside, you must be tired." Lothíriel offered as we went inside the great hall.

"Good morning my Lady Arnwen." Ardir said as I walked into the great hall the next morning. Aragorn and Legolas were there, but no sign of Elfwine yet. "Good morning Ardir. I assume you are joining us?" I asked. Aragorn stood up and replied "he was searching for you, now he wishes to accompany us in our journey." "Then let him join us. Where is Elfwine?" I questioned. "He said that he has to stay behind." Legolas answered. "Come, it is already day and we must leave." Aragorn told us as we walked to the stables. "Isn't he Shadowfax, the Lord of all horses?" Ardir asked. "Yes. Gandalf intrusted him to me before he left to the gray havens." I responded as I mounted on Shadowfax and waited for everyone else. Ardir quickly mounted on his horse and followed me outside. "Are we going to finish what we started before my kingdom was destroyed?" Ardir asked me. "I'm not sure but I can't focus on it right now when so much is at stake. When this is over, then perhaps we can resume it but not now." I replied. Just then Aragorn and his men trotted to us. "Are we ready to leave?" he asked. "Yes. Let's go." I responded as we left Edoras.

Ardir POV

We rode until we came across the emptied camp of wild men and let the horses rest. My companions joined us by the campfire. "What strategy did you use to defeat the wild men?" Aragorn asked. "We surrounded them. We tried to take them all out but a few escaped and ran east. We captured their leader and interrogated them. He said that they were called to Mordor." I told them. "If all of the camps are moving to Mordor, then they must be assembling their army. We must stop them from entering Mordor and gathering their full strength." Aragorn stated as we mounted our horses and resumed our journey, this time heading to Mordor.