Hunger

Elle had been waitressing at the club all day and finally she was let off to dance for the end of the night.
The music was bad (Elle's dance moves were even more so) but still, Elle danced.
She was having fun until she noticed Jude standing in the corner of the room. Suddenly, she was self conscious and thereafter, felt pathetic. She felt stupid for worrying about what this boy would think of her but she almost couldn't help herself. She liked him but she would never admit it because Jude was too much of a mess to admit to loving. Everyone and anyone had a story about Jude: some say his dad is a mafia boss and he's next in line, others say he's a manipulative psycho or something far from human. Others keep it simple; saying he only dates easy girls or that he never really feels anything.
Elle believes all of this because Elle is a terrible person and a huge hypocritical gossip.
Elle knows this.
She hates herself a little more everyday for being so pathetic.
But she loves Jude.

Jude has been dancing the whole night and when he's not dancing, he's staring at Isabella from across the room. He thinks she's beautiful and honest. He really likes her and he doesn't like that because he doesn't like attachment. He wants to take care of himself, before he can try take care of other people.
Jude is a terrible person and he's not good enough for Isabella so he doesn't approach her.
He knows this.
He pretends he doesn't care.
But he can't help but stare at her...
She's dancing with that friend of hers; Ella, Elle or something like that. Isabella does not see him and she's been dancing all night so he doesn't see her properly either.
Isabella is a great girl.
But he can't be the guy who'll love her well.

Isabella has been hungry the whole night.
All she can think about is food.
She wants to go home and make herself something delicious to eat like maybe a melt-in-your-mouth grilled cheese sandwich with basil pesto. Alas, she promised her friend Elle, that she'd hang out until the end of her shift. So she danced, had fun and all the while thought about her empty stomach, completely unaware of the people around her with empty hearts.

Some people have an insatiable thirst for love.
Some an insatiable thirst for normality.
Some a hunger for things they cannot have.
Others...
just want a tasty sandwich.