Two

I jogged up the stairs of the apartment building, finding the whole building a little sketchy for a place to live. I couldn't ever imagine Ashton living in a place like this, but I was guessing that she wasn't utilizing her family's fortune for rent. It was admirable that she was living completely on her own, but I wished that she would have picked a better space to live. I quickly found the door that was labeled 4G, and I knocked on the dark wood. I bounced on my heels as I looked down the hallway around me, making sure that there wasn't anyone around. I clasped my hands behind my back as slight anxiety ran through my body. I wasn't entirely sure why I was anxious about speaking to her about this. I'd gone up against numerous men with guns and bombs and drugs, and I'd never felt an ounce of what I felt now. I was guessing that it was because I wanted to do everything that I could to make sure that my family was alright, and confronting Ashton with this would run the possibility of her not being safe. She could completely blow up at me if I told her that this was a bad idea, and that could lead her down a path that I don't want her to go down, one that led me to The League.

I heard Ashton through the door saying that it was unlocked. I thought that it was silly that she wouldn't lock her front door, but I entered anyway. I saw her making her way around the small apartment, packing things away for her job transfer. There were boxes and bubble wrap everywhere, and I tried my hardest not to step on any of it as I walked in. Ashton looked up at me, surprise taking over her features as she stood up fully. She smiled slightly, putting her hands on her hips. I chuckled lightly at the display, seeing that she had changed out of her previous outfit and into a T-shirt and capri yoga pants, something that I hadn't seen her in since we were teenagers. It was still strange to see her so grown up. The last time I saw her, she was still awkwardly transitioning into an adult and trying to come into her own as a person and as a woman. She had filled out very well--like I always knew she would--but I still wasn't able to see her as anything other than my sister. She was always going to be family to me, and there wasn't anything that was ever going to change that.

"Didn't think I'd see you here." She chuckled, continuing to pack her clothes away into a few boxes.

I nodded slightly, looking around the small apartment. "I know that it's quite a shock, but I felt bad about deserting you earlier."

"Oh, I meant about knowing where I live." She said, making me laugh. "I knew that you would come running back eventually, I just didn't expect it to be so soon."

I smiled, pulling up a chair and sitting down in it. "Well, I'm full of surprises, much like you are."

She arched an eyebrow at me. "Oh, am I now?" I nodded. "And how's that, Ollie?"

"Well, for starters, your guest appearance at the bank this evening."

She chuckled, shaking her head slightly. "And what makes you think that that was me?"

I shrugged slightly. "I saw on the news that a young girl tried to aide The Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Speedy in the hostage situation, and they got a shot of the girl coming from the crime scene. It looked a lot like you, Ash."

"Really?" I nodded. "I hadn't seen any press coverage on that. Hell, I hadn't even heard of it until you just brought it up."

"Mmhmm." I replied, wanting her to open up to me without having to openly tell her that I was The Green Arrow.

"I'm serious, Ollie. I've been here the entire night trying to pack. I'm heading to Central City in a few days."

I nodded. "Laurel told me that her dad is sending you over to the CCPD's forensics department. You must be pretty excited to be heading to The Flash's city."

She chuckled. "I liked going there before it was his city, you know. The only thing that's changed is that now there's a dude who can run faster than the speed of light saving people from burning buildings and nasty bad guys."