Fifteen

I stared at the image of Barry on the screen in front of me. He was slumped against the wall of his cell, his head hung as he silently slept in the uncomfortable position. His left leg was stretched out in front of him with his right leg bent, making a "4" shape with his legs. There was a small plate of food by his left foot, but it looked untouched. I was guessing that he thought that it was poisoned or something those lines since this evil version of Barry didn't trust us. I didn't really blame him, either. If I had been in his position, I would have held off from eating anything for as long as I could. I'd learned that you can't trust the people who are holding you hostage, but I hated the idea that Barry wasn't eating. Since he digested everything at an accelerated rate, he had to eat more often. If he didn't eat, who knew what would happen to his body due to the lack of food.

I heard some clatter in the room to my left, and I tore my eyes away from the image of my partner to see Harry looking for something in the drawers next to Barry's treadmill. Before I was even able to get out of the chair, he was walking out of the room to go back down to Cisco's lab. I left my spot in front of the computer and followed him downstairs, finding this the most opportune time to confront him about the information I had on him since Cisco and Caitlin were busy. They were trying to figure out how to make something that would get Barry back to his old self. I was nowhere near a chemist, so I chose to let them be. So, instead of tearing myself up like I had been, I stealthily followed Harry downstairs. It was hard for me to walk past The Pipeline without thinking about Barry being in there, but I had bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I walked into Cisco's lab to see papers and small devices spread out across the desks. Harry had completely trashed this room in his search for something to stop Zoom, and I thought that it was a little disrespectful that he would do this to Cisco's space. "What do you want?" He asked bitterly, not bothering to look up from whatever he was doing.

"I know you're secret." I stated, sounding more like a five-year-old than a twenty-six-year old.

"And what secret would that be?" He sounded completely uninterested.

"That you're working with Zoom." He stopped everything that he was doing, his entire body going rigid. "That's right, Harry. I figured it out."

He looked at me, trying to hide the panic that was spreading through him. "What proof do you have about this?"

"I saw you with him the other night." I shared, slowly making my way towards him. "He gave you something and then left."

He rose from his chair. "You have absolutely no idea what you're getting into, nor do you have any idea what you're talking about."

"You did this to Barry, didn't you?" I accused, taking him by surprise. "Zoom gave you something that messed with his head, and he gave you more of it to keep him this way so that he can't fight, didn't he?"

"Ms. Chaplin, I suggest--"

"Answer my goddamn question before I'm forced to beat it out of you." I threatened, rage very present in my voice.

He sighed, taking his glasses off as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Yes. I did this to Barry."

"Why?" I demanded, my voice much darker and more intimidating than I had wanted it to be.

"He has my daughter." He revealed, only surprising me slightly.

"So, you were willing to trade one life for another."

"You do not get to pass judgement on me." He stood his ground, trying to sound as intimidating as I did.

"And why not? You mentally raped one of my best friends, someone that has been nothing but kind and compassionate towards me since the moment he met me." He brought his hand up towards me, and, out of reflex, I grabbed his arm, twisted it behind his back, and slammed his head against the metal table next to us. He groaned in pain, and he earned no sympathy from me. "Do not raise your hand at me."