Twelve

I examined my reflection in the mirror, unsure how I felt about the form-fitting leather that I was adorned in. I'd never been one that felt comfortable in tight clothing, but there was something about the leather body suit that seemed to compliment my body instead of accenting it in a negative way. I assumed that it was because of the dark color of the material, but it might have also been part of the design of it. The one thing about the suit that I was absolutely in love with was the emblem in the middle of the chest. It was a beautiful star symbol that represented my new name, Zodiac, something that I really wasn't expecting. I had told Cisco numerous times that I'd loved anything and everything about space and zodiac signs, and I was guessing that he wanted to incorporate that into my costume so that it would reflect part of who I am. It was a strange but welcome feeling to have someone retain such a small detail about me, and I was grateful that he had taken it to this level. 

"It fits you really well." Barry's voice rang through Cisco's lab, scaring me slightly. I turned around to see him walking in. "And I don't mean physically."

I chuckled, running my hand through my hair. "Is that a way of you saying that I have a black soul?"

He laughed, shaking his head as I stepped down from the platform I had been on. "Not at all. I'm just saying that, in some way, it suits you."

"Nice pun."

He rolled his eyes with a smile. "Are you excited to finally get out into the field?"

I nodded. "I am. I feel like I haven't been able to do anyone any good in so long, and I'm ready to start helping again."

"You did a lot of people good when you went to talk to the bratva." He contradicted, sitting down on a stool. "You did something that none of us could do, and you saved God only knows how many people's lives."

I nodded slightly, sitting down. "I know, but I miss doing things on a larger scale. I only got to do it a couple of times here before you guys put me on the side lines, but it was amazing to be able to help like that. I'm itching to be able to do it again."

"Well, then it's a good thing that Cisco and Caitlin finally think you're ready."

I smiled at him. "What about you, Fleet Feet?" I asked, sitting across from him. "Do you think I'm ready?"

"I've thought that you were ready since the first time you saved my assk by the docks." I laughed, seeing him smile. "I thought that it was useless to keep you from fighting crime, but I also wanted to make sure that you wouldn't hurt yourself or anyone else."

"And here I thought you were intimidated by me." I teased.

He arched an eyebrow. "You thought that I was intimidated by you?"

"Well, my fighting skills are obviously better than yours are."

"True, but I'm so fast that you wouldn't even be able to see me coming."

"I dunno, Barry. I'm pretty quick on my feet."

"Is that so?" He asked, crossing his arms with a smirk.

"Yup. I can show you some of my old dance tapes if you want to confirm it."

He arched an eyebrow with a laugh. "You were a dancer?"

I nodded with a small chuckle. "I was. You'd be surprised at how graceful and composed I was when I was younger."

"Did you ever do anything with a company?"

"Yeah, I was in one growing up, and when I was about seventeen, we did Swan Lake, and they cast me as Odette."

He arched both of his eyebrows in shock. "Are you serious?"