Confusion

She had told him to meet her here, but what on earth would she want in a place like this? They had been talking on the phone a while ago, expressing how tiring college was and that they both needed a bit of distraction and alone time. So they decided to go somewhere and have a bit of fun. He never thought that the fun she had in mind was this.

Staring at the store from the outside, he just couldn't comprehend what would Helga want to buy here. Was there a secret fantasy she wanted fulfilled? A special trinket she wanted? A kinky disguise? Or was it because it wasn't enough? Oh God, what if Helga wanted a substitute? What if she had never enjoyed everything they did? And what if-?

"Hey football-head!"

"Oh sorry, what?"

"I've been calling you, doofus! What are you doing here? And why the hell are you so flustered?"

So many questions popped out in his mind, but he settled on the most obvious one. "But I thought you said to meet here?"

Laughing at his question she replied, "I said Candy World, you moron, not Love World!"

"Oh…" he said with relief. Stupid cellphone reception. "So you want to buy…"

"Yes, candy. Oh Arnold, sometimes I don't know what goes through that football head of yours."

And so she took him by the hand and led him to the candy store, all the while making fun of Arnold's one-track mind.