Ponies

“Oh daddy, daddy, can we get a ride on the ponies? Please, say yes, please!”

His arm was about to get dislocated if Anne kept jumping up and down while grabbing his hand. “Yes, dove, we can.”

“Yippee!”

Oh why had he agreed to take Anne to the fair? He’d always thought that Phoebe was the one who was going to bring Anne and her son here! But then Helga told him that Phoebe wouldn’t make it because her son had gotten sick. Now he had to ride ponies, oh joy.  

To his surprise the ponies that his daughter had pointed to were actually mechanical ones. A carousel! This he could do. After purchasing their tickets they got up and he made sure that his kid was safe during the ride. Then he took his place next to her and when the ride started up, she squealed with glee.  He stared at her face the whole entire time and Arnold couldn’t help the grin that formed in his face. Wow, he’d forgotten what being a kid felt like and seeing his daughter enjoying herself had somehow woken his playful side.

And so, he’d taken Anne to any and every ride she wanted to try, played with her the whole entire time, and just basically had a wonderful time with her. By the end of the day they were tired and ready to go home. And all through the way he felt thankful that he instead of Phoebe had brought her here. He knew having a kid was an entire new adventure, but he’d never thought it could still be so much fun!