Let's Play

It was no secret that Ezra had been acting different the past few days - especially today; he had just been walking around the ship aimlessly, looking for jobs to do to distract him from something and just genuinely looked....gloomy. Hera, Kanan and Kenobi were sat the the table in the common room, Zeb lent against the wall whilst Sabine, Ahsoka and Anakin were sat on the kitchen counter. The youngest teen finally entered the room "hey Ez, you okay hun??" Hera asked with a gentle smile; it earned a small shrug "I guess, just bored and...well you know what day it is" he sighed. 

The crew all shared a look, not actually sure on what specific day it was; it seemed the boy caught on "you...you've all forgotten what day it is??" he didn't sound annoyed or mad, but definitely shocked, as if the day was one of great importance. Digging deeper into their oblivious minds, Sabine was the first to remember "oh yeah, it's Empire day" it instantly hit them each like a ton of bricks - Empire day....AKA Ezra's birthday, as well as the day his parents were taken away. "Oh Ezra, I'm so sorry" Hera stated as she embraced the boy "I can't believe we forgot" it seemed Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin and Ahsoka were extremely confused. 

Oh yeah, they weren't around when the crew had first discovered the extra horrors of Empire day; Zeb explained. To say they were shocked and saddened by the news was an understatement. "Why don't we go blow their parade up??" Ahsoka asked earning nods of agreements from the 'kids'; the adults however shook their heads "sorry guys, but after our last mission, Commander Sato wants us to lay low". The youngest teen seemed to have an idea of his own "why don't we play spin the bottle??" that raised a few brows; some of them had never heard of such a game whilst the others did. 

Anakin was one who had "em...no offence Ez" he spoke "but I don't really want to...kiss anyone here" all eyes widened - including Ezra's who explained the game he knew "I don't know what kind of spin the bottle you used to play but I'm talking about the truth or dare one". That made more sense. None of them where sure on how to play so the teenage Padawan explained "it's pretty easy" he reassured "someone spins the bottle and whoever it lands on has to answer a truth or do a dare" seemed simple enough and even sounded fun - the fact that just talking about seemed to lift the boys spirits convinced them all to play. 

"Okay, let's play" Hera smiled "but let's all sit around the table before Zeb and Anakin eat all of our supplies" that earned many laughs and two playful glares; Sabine grabbed an empty bottle from the bin before joining the crew around the table. They were about to being when, all of a sudden, a ball of light appeared and....someone fell through and landed on the floor with a thud?! A young girl!? She looked around confused before her eyes landed on the small family "em....who are you??" Kanan asked, weary of the stranger; the girl seemed just as alarmed "I'm Max, the author" she explained, although it was still confusing. 

"Okay...and what are you doing here?? How did you get here??" Obi-Wan Kenobi asked with a raised brow; they watched the the teen girl rubbed the back of her neck, still sat on the floor "I...don't actually know" she stated "one minute I'm typing this story on my laptop and the next...I'm falling and land here". Anakin stood and extended his hand to the new girl; Max gladly took the hand and allowed him to pull her up to her feet, thanking him once she had regained her balance. The crew agreed to allow Max to stay with them until they could find a way for her to return home; Ezra offered their guest to play with them which she smiled to and nodded.

As they were once about to begin the game, another ball of light appeared out of no where and something fell out, landing on Max's lap; the light vanished within seconds. "What's that??" Sabine asked as their guest picked up the object; it made Max smile "it's my phone!!" she exclaimed before raising a brow "...with a list of truth and dares??". It all seemed to click in Ezra's mind "I get it now" he stated, catching everyone's attention "Max and her....whatever it's called, were sent here to give us truths and dares for our game!!". They each shared a look before shrugging. Finally, for the third time, they began to play with no interruptions.

Feel free to comment truths, dares, challenges, never have I ever's and would you rather's.