10. Mornings

1 year later

I took another beating at school today, since the first one, they had been getting progressively worse than they used to, but still they are not as bad as the ones my dad handed out, though he had been out a lot recently, so I had been okay this past month.

I follow my routine, go to school, complete my homework over lunch in the library or on the bleachers, I figured I was safest in there; I had more sense than go to the cafeteria, where I would hear whispers, sniggers, and rumours about me, none of which are true. Things hadn't gotten worse for me over the year; the rumours had gotten more ridiculous. The beatings were sometimes bad, but at worst I came away with a concussion. After school, I would change into my workout clothes, grey sweats with tight shorts underneath, a sports bra, and a baggy t-shirt. I would run to the gym, before training with Nate who even though I saw him every day, and trained with him, I knew nothing about, and we didn't speak, unless he was shouting at me for not doing something incorrectly, but I loved my time with him, so I always went back, to relieve stress before I had to go home after dark to be greeted by my ever angry father.

I couldn't sleep. These days I was lucky if I got a few hours before I woke up sweating because of the nightmares, or shouting from my dad, Mom left near the end of last year, because she couldn't cope with him not working, and always drinking. The way I saw it, she had it easy, at least he didn't hit her, or break her bones, but who am I to talk.

In the past year, I have had 6 broken ribs, a fractured hand, and a hell of a lot of bruises, all under my shirt of course. Joe had given me a spare set of keys to the gym, and said use it any time I need to, as long as you lock up after you're done. He trusted me, and that meant a lot to me, but I think he could just tell this was the only thing that calmed me, so he let me use the gym whenever I wanted.

Tonight was no exception to the nightmares, they are always the same, and always terrifying, I refer to them as nightmares, but in reality, they are just memories that have blended together to scare the utter shit out of me. It always starts off with my Mom smiling down at me crying, while I remained straight faced, because she had decided to leave my dad, and me with him, while she fucked off to who knows where. She lifts her hand to stroke my face, not quite making it before she turns and leaves. This was where I broke down. I cried begging her to take me with her, but she didn't listen. As the front door slammed closed, I look up to see my father's grim face sneering down at me. Then he dragged me by my hair to the car, to watch the fights, and where have to relive my night with Freddy. Which has haunted me ever since, I could never sleep all the way through this part, I always woke up, gasping for breath as he called me sugar.

Getting up I looked down at my drenched pyjamas which consisted of an oversized t-shirt and nothing else since I didn't have enough clothing to waste any sweating it out every night. I put on my workout gear and left to go for a run to clear my mind, after about an hour, I found myself stood outside the gym contemplating weather to go in and work out my frustrations, looking at my watch, I saw that I still had a few hours before school. Deciding to go in I pulled my keys from the pocket of my sweats, and opened the door. Locking it behind myself. I taped my hands and got ready to take on the bag, stepping around it with the grace I learned from Nate, I swung, making perfect contact with the bag, before stepping again an hitting it, adding ducks, and dodges to the routine.

After an hour I heard the door being unlocked and the slow footsteps of Joe coming across the floor to me, not stopping I carried on pushing myself.

"Tough night?" he asked I nodded

"Nightmares" was my only answer. Then resumed what I was doing. Joe knew I had nightmares, but never asked what they were about which I was thankful for, because I didn't want to have to relive the moments any more than I had to. Picking up a towel, I stopped to take a breath, and get a drink; Joe had gone to get the gym ready for opening. Tidying away the stuff I had used, I checked the time. "shit" I had been going for longer than I thought, shouting a goodbye to joe, I ran out of the building and sprinted home, opening the fridge I made eggs for me and my dad, but I burned them, looking worriedly I placed his plate of eggs in the fridge, and ran to get ready, brushing my teeth and showering, then throwing my hair into a ponytail and getting dresses, I could go without makeup, because all my bruises on my face had faded into nonexistence, leaving the house I had to run to school, so that I wasn't late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this ones a short chapter, so ill post the next one as well
don't forget to vote and comment

G xoxo