58. Hit again

Nate had dropped me off at home 2 days before school started again. I had left the homework that I had been given undone. There was no point in rushing it. I couldn't hand it in anyway, so there was a pile of sheets on my desk waiting to be filled out. I worked slower than usual, thoughts of Nate's kiss plaguing my conscious. The memory so potent I could almost feel his soft lips on mine, and his gentle touch roaming up the sides of my body. I was so deep in thought I didn't hear my father enter the room, I hadn't even known he was in the house, so you can imagine my surprise when I felt his hand grip the back of my head and slam it into my desk. "You haven't filled the fucking fridge" he growled. I didn't try to turn and face him, just sat and tried to blink the tears out of my eyes. I wasn't crying as such, but take a hit to the nose, and try all you like, there will be tears swarming your eyes. Just like mine were now.

I could feel the rage sliding off him in nauseating, greasy waves. I didn't turn around
"I'm sorry, I was training, I wanted to make sure..." I didn't get to finish my sentence, before I was slammed down into the desk three more times. Each hit, harder than the last. He pulled my head around, grasping tightly at my chin pulling my face closer to his
"I don't care what you have been doing, I'm out of beer" he growled. I could his face getting angrier, the vein in his forehead swelling up out of his skin, and his face becoming ever redder with his increasing temper. He was just shy of panting, and I could feel his stale breath washing over me. I shuddered thinking about how he would live if I wasn't there, did he even know where the supermarket was?
"Okay, I'll go to the store once I have finished this" I said, hoping he would let go of me. His face contorted into one of rage.
"You fucking will go now" my head slammed forwards once more.

After that his hand disappeared from my head,
"moneys on the table" he said over his shoulder as he left the room. I let my head fall forwards, gently to the desk again, trying to push the pain out of my mind. I pushed the chair back, rising to my feet, and quietly walked over to the bathroom to inspect the damage.

The mirror revealed blood, gushing down my chin; I sighed and washed it off. 'Well at least my nose isn't broken' I thought to myself as I inspected the rest of my face. There were fingertip shaped bruises over my chin, I sighed, and went back to my room, wrapping a scarf around my neck, and nuzzling my chin into it, I added a jacket, and made my way downstairs to check the fridge and see what I needed to buy.

While I was out, I made a phone call, booking my next appointment with Mikey, tomorrow I had to get my back covered before school started again. Mikey Agreed to clear that days schedule, and cover my back in one session.

I made it home and put away everything, before my father could see me, leaving the beers in the fridge and the random spirit I had bought on the table for him. Then bucked it upstairs, hoping that if I stayed out of sight, I would be out of his mind. I made it to my room and sat back in front of the work I was doing. Tears oozed into my eyes, and I blinked them away. My work was ruined. I looked down to find the paper, sat in a puddle of my blood. Granted the paper had soaked most of it up, but that meant that it was ruined. I quickly fished out the paper, only to see the ink of the questions run, so I couldn't even read the questions any more. I pulled out the chair and sat down, huffing out a breath. I placed my head in my hands thinking over what to do, but gave up in the end and just accepted the inevitable detentions I would receive.

(