17. He's at School

Some kid who I didn't know came to my class and told me I was needed in the principal's office so I had packed my stuff up and made my way there promptly. As I got there the door was open, so I walked inside, looking around I spotted the one person I never wanted to see again. My hand reflexively moved to cover my neck, as I thought 'no, no, no, not here, you can be anywhere else but here' realising that there were other people in the room, I glanced around before smoothing my hood over my head and sitting down.

Freddy turned and looked at me smiling brightly, "hey sugar," I nodded my response, supressing a shiver and turned to the principal
"umm, what's this about?" I looked around again, and noticed Aron in the room, sighing I turned back to the principal
"not this again, I will not tutor him" I huffed. The principal gave me a tired smile
"I've never seen someone protest so much about tutoring someone, and refuse so many incentives, do you mind telling me why" she looked at me, the principal was a tall woman with a dark brown wavy hair that was shoulder length, generally she was nice to me, because I was a good pupil, but today she wasn't going to accept no as an answer
"well I don't want to, and the incentives of time off, or extra credits? I'd only have to do two people's work and have to do it in my own time, plus I don't need any more credits," I shrugged and looked out of the window behind her head. She sat for a moment and then called my attention back saying
"what about to help out a friend?" frowning I asked
"which friend would I be helping" she shrugged and said simply
"Aron" snorting and turning to Aron who was apparently back in the room I shook my head and turned to him
"we aren't friends" this is when Aron piped up from next to me
"we could be" he smirked at me
"I don't want to be your friend, not at all, so stop asking, I won't be tutoring you, not as a friend or in any other context that you can think of" pointing at the principal " you can stop asking to." and with that I stood and walked away. Hearing footsteps I turned to find Freddy looking down on me he reached his hand around to cup my ass, as he lowered his head to kiss me. I tried to step back out of his hold, but he had a firm grip. My breath caught in my throat as memories of the last time I was this close to him came flooding back. I forced myself to breath and take whatever he was about to do so that I could get out of his hold faster. He kissed me, moving his lips against mine, I didn't respond, so he bit my bottom lip gently, before pulling back smiling
"I've been waiting for that since that night" he said smiling at the memories while he slid his hand up my back to my waist, he made no attempt to move away, only held me tighter when I tried to step back. "We on for tonight?" I looked at him 'is this man deluded, when have I ever shown any desire towards this man?' as I huffed out a breath he smiled taking that as a yes and saying "good, I'll pick you up sugar"
"I run to the gym" I said flatly, as I stepped out of his hold, thankful when he let me go this time.
"Not today, I'll be waiting," he turned smiling and stalked out of the building shouting over his shoulder "you don't have to tutor that boy, I'll sort it." Looking around for a clock I realized that I needed to go to PE, so I made my way across to the changing rooms leaving him in the corridor.

I never made it to PE though; big hands grabbed me, one hand covering my mouth, and another round my waist, trapping my arms by my side. I tried to struggle out of the hold, but it was no use, the person who had hold of me dragged me around the corner, and out the door. As I made impact with the ground, I heard feet shuffling as though they were retreating. They didn't make it far, possibly two steps, before they turned around, I didn't get a chance to look up, before I felt them drive a kick into my ribs, as my body fell back to the floor, I curled up slightly, to try and make the pain disappear, but it wasn't helping, so I turned over as I gasped to get my breath back.

My eyes zoned in on the only person I could see David was stood over me with a grim smile on his face. "You should have tutored him" he growled as he reached down gripping my hair and slammed his fist into my face not hard enough to bruise, but still hard enough to make my eyes water.
"David, that's enough, we only want to change her mind, not knock her out" there was a pause "maybe knock her out," I still had my eyes shout, but I knew that it was Aron speaking. I didn't bother to open my eyes, but he pulled my hair and demanded that I opened them. As I blinked my eyes back into focus, he pulled me to my feet, and steadied me. "Now, look here" he pointed at his eyes. I had been looking around for a chance to escape, or witnesses, but there was nothing, so I did as he said and looked at his eyes like he was telling me to "good, now listen to me, and use that pretty head to figure this out" he pulled his finger along my jaw, attempting to pull my face closer, but I pulled my head away, taking a step back. He chuckled and dropped his hand, but didn't move closer to me. "So, I need a tutor, and you won't help. It looks like I'm going to have to persuade you doesn't it?" he grinned. I didn't drop into a fighting stance, I knew I could dodge most of his hits, "usually when I find out someone is a fighter, I gain a new respect for them, and I wouldn't hit them outside of the ring, but for you I haven't" he stated bluntly. I smiled to myself thinking over how I beat his ass just two days prior to this; however I didn't let any emotion show on my face.

He began to circle me, looking me up and down he had one arm folded across his chest, and the other rubbing his chin, as though he was deep in thought. I didn't move but I could feel his eyes moving over me, as though he was a predator and I was his prey. My muscles tensed up as he came towards me.

I felt hands grab my arms pulling them into an almost painful embrace behind my back, I began to struggle. David hadn't left after he had kicked me as I had thought. As it turned out he just hadn't spoken, and now he stood holding my arms behind me as I squirmed in his grasp. Any fight I was putting up stopped as the third hit to my stomach came, completely knocking the air out of my stomach. Aron hadn't spoken again until he could see the fight easing out of me "I can see why you are never around anyone," he hit me again "your fucking repulsive, I mean look at you, how could anyone stand being around you for more than 20 minutes" he scoffed, and I could feel David chuckling behind me but I wasn't focusing on that. I was slowing down my breathing, so that I could hit him back, setting up mental barriers to zone out the pain. It didn't work all the time, or even half the time, but I knew that for a short time I could pretend it didn't hurt.

I didn't get the chance to even finish blocking out the pain, David threw me forwards, and delivered another kick to my stomach I hadn't been listening to anything they were saying, but as I looked up they were staring down at me expectantly as though waiting for an answer. I didn't know the question, but I could guess what it was. Instead of using my words like a big girl would, I rolled over, a manic grin on my face and spat glistening red blood onto his pristine trainers. Aron cursed, and growled at me, but was disturbed by something "I'll see you in the library, Wednesday" I heard a door slam open around the corner, and footsteps start getting closer. Knowing we should all be in class, the boys scarpered quickly, leaving me to struggle on my own. I pulled myself up, and wiped my mouth on my sleeve against a wall, and dragged my knees into my chest, to be as small as possible. Tears started to leak down my cheeks, as I placed my forehead on my knees. The way I was sat made it look like I had been skiving, instead of fighting.

When the person finally rounded the corner, I didn't look up, but I could tell by the blue pants that it was Mr Steinbeck. I heard the sound of a lighter, and then the sound of a deep breath being taken before the footsteps began walking again, only to realize they were coming towards me. I scrambled up, knowing that there was still blood smeared around my mouth.
"Scarlett, what are you doing here" he asked concern coloring his voice. I kept my back turned from him
"I'm just, gathering some stuff for class" I lied, and attempted to leave, but he caught my arm, pulling me round
"Scarlett, what happened to your face?" he exclaimed, I shrugged my arm out of his grip, and wiped at my mouth again
"nothing, I'm fine" I grumbled spitting out more blood
"Scarlett, I can't help you unless you tell me what happened" he pleaded. But I shook my head, and walked away
"I'm fine forget about it"