CHAPTER 3

On a certain Sunday three weeks apart, Zelo, Yongguk, Taehyung and Jimin hung out with the girls tagging along at one of the malls in Gangnam... as well as a few Exo members. Kai, Baekhyun and Sehun were wandering around the stores when Kai spotted Nadine on the 2nd floor in a formal dress store and approached her ostensibly to greet her. He plastered a sly smirk on his face and after his Hello he invited her for a coffee. This couldn't remain unseen by the  mother hen Yongguk, who was hanging with his phone a bit behind Jenna. He pulled aside Zelo who was staring at some sportswear in a nearby sports store, and pointed with his eyes what was happening with Zelo's girlfriend.

"If you continue to stare the showcase, they'll steal her under your nose!" he told him quietly in a raspy low voice.
"Nah, hyung, Kai is a friend. He maybe greeted her because he was in the cafeteria when we came in the beginning..."
"Sure but does he know she's with you now?" Bang was studying Zelo's face, expecting his reaction. The latter narrowed his eyes and looked at Nadine's direction then marched over where she was.

"Hey, Kai, 'sup?"
"Sup, man... all cool?" Kai's reaction was casual, no tension.
"She's with us!" Zelo hurried to claim his property.
"Oh, is that so?! I didn't know."  Kai stepped back creating more space between him and Nadine, she eyed him uneasily but Kai winked.
"Yo, bro, what are you doing, we date now." Zelo didn't miss this gesture and his expression changed to a bit more tensed.
"I assume she's not a cattle with a plate, Junhong." the dark-skinned one teased.
"What the heck?!" Zelo couldn't believe his pal was acting like this but since he knew his background, Zelo gathered his courage and kinda threatened him.
"Why you acting like this? What's the matter?" he looked at Kai assessed.
Nadine raised eyebrows at his warning hint and eyed Jenna and Yongguk.
Kai clenched teeth, mumbled some sort of an apology half-heartedly, bid them a bye and caught up with his crew.

Not longer after that, Nadine received a text "I'm not one to miss such a sweetheart like you... u free later?"  it was from Kai, who got her number from their first meeting in the cafeteria. She found this funny and smiled to herself prouldy, feeling wanted and man, how much she loved attention. Any sort of attention, even the toxic one. She dropped the phone in her pocket and patted it through her jacket...

-------

"He's charming... even more than that. Okay, he's handsome and what a cute smile he has, Gosh! But he's a bit late. Maybe he was busy with their so-called shows along with schedules and he's a main dancer and ... their list of tasks has no end, just like Junhong's, but Junhong isn't that full of himself..."  Nadine was contemplating, ego satisfied by Kai's message.

"Well, what a dumb situation! To top it all, the vain princess Taehyung dared to say that I was rigid in attempt to mock me and it was the otherwise. Why did you even invited me again, Nad? To make me feel like a tail and offer this guy a target to bully or something?" Jenna was furious and stepped back and forth across the living room in their rented apartment, scrolling through the Facebook feed aimlessly. 
"Just great! The whole thing with Kai was a big bull today too! I feel it'll become worse ..." Nadine hinted. "Until now... they had a sportsmanship competition, but who knows..." Thinking out loud, she sipped a cocoa milk, and had her legs stretched on the couch in the living room.
"You would like that, don't you?" Jenna tossed her phone on the sofa and crossed her arms in front of her chest, glarying at Nadine. "Causing truobles cause you die for everyone's validation and attention."
"Their company is twisted, all exo resemble cyborgs and I feel a little sorry for these guys there." Nadine replied in defense to distract Jenna.
The older took a glass of water and joined Nadin by sitting on the other end of the couch, leaned back and stared at the ceiling.
"Let me open these 2 bottles of soju, I dragged them here last week." the younger one began. "We are here from some time and we've declared a dry mode! Gotta fix this." She gained confidence and immediately jumped from the couch wistfully, took the booze and then almost slammed the bottles on the table along with 2 small glasses.
"And... some people around here are not exactly on a dry mode." Jenna chuckled and corrected Nadine, wiggling her eyebrows at her, saying indirectly "if-u-know-what-i-mean".