CHAPTER 6

"Stranger"

Jenna was on her way home when the phone in her purse vibrated. She pulled it out and swiped her finger across the screen. It wasn't from Nadine or anyone she had in her Contacts. This was another text message from the creepy unknown number, saying"Soon ... a checkmate."

She watched and reread the text in total bewilderment. "What the hell?! "

Half an hour ago at the Awards after party...

Before leaving, Jenna entered the hallway of the restroom. It was lavish and given the late hour, there was no one. She sighed with relief and looked around. It was in a slightly renaissance style, but not pretentious. The floor was black marble, each slab of gold thread trimmed at the edges before the joints. Two red couches with golden velvet cushions in the shape of ellipses were placed against the mirrors. Soft light poured from chandeliers with pebbles and crystals, illuminating above the counter, where there were 3 shallow, oval, cream sinks, above each were faucets that looked like antique gold in the old style. The mirrors were in massive frames with ornaments. Beneath them were stands of neat cotton boxes, napkins, and disposable makeup pads.

Jenna turned on the faucet on the middle sink, washed her hands, splashed her neck and cheeks, and was careful not to ruin her makeup completely. She pulled out a make-up swab to fix it exactly where she thought it was needed.
"Wow, what extravagance and chic", she told herself aloud.

"Not as much as you ..."
Jenna was startled by the voice that echoed behind her.

"You?!" Slightly shocked, she stood looking at Sehun in the mirror.

"Did I surprise you, noona?" He purred and smiled greasily and narrowed his eyes.

She tried to turn around but he stepped closer, preventing that move.
"What are you doing?" she demanded but the nervousness in her voice was obvious.

Now she didn't dare turn around, watching their reflections in front of her, frozen, her hands resting on the counter by the sink.

"Tell me what you're doing? ... You're avoiding me." He almost whispered, touching her lightly on the back, and she tried to step aside but felt his breathing in her hair.

"I don't know what you're imagining, but you got the wrong impression."

"First impression is the most important even if it's wrong..." he paused and ran his index finger over her shoulder and down her arm, she flinched slightly aside "And a chance of a second First impression one can create in another six months. But I don't think I'm wasting that much time." He smiled again, looking her in the eye in her reflection.

"Yes, don't really waste your time. Better try to study more or improve yourself, evaluate your priorities..." she tried to divert the topic, but also thought it was a bad idea standing there and talking to him on first place. 

"I will definitely do it, and I see that you have already tried and successfully at that. Tonight you look, mmm..." he purred in her ear, tilted his head slightly, and touched his lips to her shoulder "...delicious."

"Get off me or you will regret it!" She yelled at him and pushed herself off the counter in front of her, pushing him back as well, managing to free herself from his grip. "What's wrong with you and your friend?"

"You mean me and my friend?" he pointed down. "Since that time on the balcony, when we think of you..." he adjusted his bow tie.

"Your and Kai's attitude! You are like a jam of hormones. These cheap tricks don't work on me."

"I can have every chick without tricks. But I want something else." He spoke low, taking a step towards her. "I like hunting." 

"I don't care what you like, Sehun." She went to the door to get out of there "And if you please, stop texting me!" She grabbed the doorknob.

"Me?! Texting?" His questioning face was amusing if Jenna had the time and the feeling of security to enjoy the dork.

"Don't you pretend you don't know about 'Soon' and 'Check-mate' texts and shit? Don't pretend, I'm not 10!" She nagged at him and made a new attempt to exit the restroom.

"Hmm ... I don't play check but I can be your horse if you want me to." he said, leaning smugly.

"Unbelievable! A cancer and stupidity cannot be cured!" She shook herself and was about to leave.

"Actually ... I've only texted you once ..." he added in matter of fact.

"Oh, please!" She rolled her eyes.

"In the shopping center when I saw you with this dress you were trying... you looked pretty hot," he began and looked at her again, as if he were going to see something through her clothes.

"I don't really care." She opened the door and stormed out of the restroom.

"Hm... a check you say..." Sehun mutured to himself. He was mad he couldn't score a point at that night and he had the perfect opportunity. His gut told him there was something more.. or someone else to be precise.