Chapter 1.1 "Fight For Your Happiness"

Continuation of chapter 1

"Nike!" Milano laughed, feeling her sweet kiss and gentle embrace. "You have snuck into our kitchen as a burglar."

"The burglars do not kiss," Veronica sniffed, opening her embrace and being curious about what Lucenzo was doing by the stove. The young man was cooking dinner, following his own Italian recipes and not paying attention to extraneous things.

"You are right." Listening to her, Lucenzo smiled. He tossed mixed vegetable up in the air and showing his culinary tricks.

"Lu, let me help you," Veronica offered tenderly, laying her hand on his shoulder with determination to get down to work as soon as possible. "Please, sit down and take a rest. Cooking is exhausting, too. And in any case, it is a woman's business," she finished with a smile, standing by the stove and taking up the reins.

"Thank you, Veronica." Lucenzo kissed her on the cheek in response to her care and gave her a frying pan for a long use. Milano kept watching Veronica and his younger brother, burning with discontent. He did not like how tenderly Veronica behaved to Lucenzo and how good they understood each other without words. Milano was getting to be jealous of his goddess to his own brother, but he tried not to explode with anger and not to say rude words to them.

Turning unwittingly his gaze to Milano, Lucenzo caught a sight of jealousy in his eyes. He still kept influencing on his elder brother with a new psychotherapy session, using his attitude toward Veronica.

"Why are you grinning, Lucenzo?" Milano muttered, looking up at him frowningly. "Good that you're my brother. If you were a stranger, I would have wrung your neck!"

"Calm down, Mino. I just kissed my future sister-in-law. Don't be so hard." Lucenzo gave a wink to him, coming closer to the table, at which Milano was sitting, easily tapping his brother on the shoulder.

"You and Veronica like influencing on my prudence. It gives you some pleasure." Milano started to forget his promise to treat Veronica as a man who respects her, and it seemed as if the inner Demon was stronger than him. The Demon was definitely stronger in all senses of the word. The Demon could easily posses Milano's mind, making him a different person.

But for Lucenzo this fact was just a reason to render assistance and support to Milano. Especially from his brother.

"Stop showing your character!" Lucenzo said disapproving his arrogance. "You would rather make a compliment to your future wife. She looks beautiful." He ended, estimating the beauty of Veronica with such Italian words as Lei e molto bella*.

"I don't need you to tell me that. But you'd better keep silent until I got angry." Milano said sharply, feeling that the inner Demon was still awake and tried to escape from the dark dungeon of Milano's mind. Now Veronica and Lucenzo would witness this fact, as the Demon has already raised its rebellion.

"Don't talk to your brother like that. He doesn't deserve." Veronica tried to lecture her wild Demon. She supported Lucenzo in his methods of influencing on Milano, though she suspected that any of his methods might end in fiasco.