Chapter 2.2 "Devastating Desire"

Continuation of chapter 2

Continuation of chapter 2.1

Upon entering the office, Veronica looked around.

The office was the size of a concert hall and this fact only slightly surprised her. Perhaps this was done to ensure that Milano felt safe here with his heavy and explosive thoughts, his pain and the ghosts of his past didn't disturb him here. In his office, Milano was the master.

A dark burgundy settee-bed of medium size and small chairs upholstered in dark green velvet were straddled at the corners of Milano's cabinet. Settee-bed was sitting near the window, which was closed by steel shutters and caused their colors to sharply contrast with the chairs and white walls, which spoke about the modern taste of the owner of the office. A two-leaved wooden cupboard was located at the right side of the leather chair, where Milano sat. A vitreous decanter, glasses and wineglassful sat inside the cupboard and compartments for papers and other correspondence were underneath it. A multi-tiered rack for folders of financial statements was located at the left side of the table. Everything was orderly and in their places. The office floor was covered with Persian carpets, quiet colors and different length of wool. In general, the place was absolute chic.

While Veronica studied the details of the office for a long while, Milano Veneziani slowly leaned back in his chair, binding his fingers behind his head with a smile watching the reaction of his Amazon.

"Do you like it, my Queen?" he asked his Amazon in an excited voice, wondering in his mind, how to catch her in a trap of his passion again from which she wouldn't be able to escape this time.

"Yes. But something is missing here..." Veronica murmured, continuing to examine the atmosphere of his office and marveling at his grandeur.

"Lunch." Milano answered, still not taking his eyes from his girlfriend and slightly amused by her modesty. He was glad that Veronica didn't read his thoughts and didn't guess the vicious fantasies that tormented him.

Remembering why she had come here, Veronica reached out to Milano hastily, pulling out a pack of paper towels and placing a container of food on his table. Placing cutlery on each side of Milano, Veronica tucked a paper napkin over the collar of his cream shirt, carefully adjusting its edges. Milano beamed, rejoicing that a woman who could take care of him finally appeared in his life, asking nothing in return.

"Come closer. Don't be afraid, cara." Milano patted his knee, inviting his goddess to sit on his knee not losing eye contact with her.

"Afraid of you?" Veronica willfully burst out laughing. "Don't flatter yourself, Narcissus!"

"You look like a modest schoolgirl." Milano snorted. "Please, sit next to me. Your behavior makes me want to laugh myself to tears." He swallowed the chicken pieces and boiled vegetables, trying not to chuckle.

"Shut up!" Veronica pinned her ears back, putting her hands on her hips. "It was you who made me look like a fool in front of your secretary! Was it impossible to wait for the lunch break?"