1. Meeting Tom

Chapter One:

Excitement rose in my stomach, as I stood with my father at London train station, looking at the wall that was between platform 9 and 10. A couple of steps in front of me a young boy around my age stood, he had dark hair, dark eyes, and a look of frustration on his handsome face. I stared at him memorizing every feature of his beautiful face.

"Tom?" the voice of my father snapped me out of my daze, and the young boy turned around and faced us.

"Professor?" the sound of Tom's voice, it was kind of cold towards my father, and I had no idea why. "I was searching for the platform you told me I was to catch my train from, it dose not exist!"

My father chuckled slightly, amused at poor Tom's annoyance. He looked down over his half-moon spectacles at Tom. My father then beckoned towards me "You know what to do. I must be seeing to my own way to Hogwarts, show Tom here the way to the platform" There was a little pop sound and my dad was gone. I curiously looked around to see if any of the Muggles had noticed what had happened, but no one seemed to notice the vanishing man.

I looked at Tom, who stood looking at me, no expression on his face at all, but I could see his eyes looking me up and down. A tiny smirk suddenly appeared upon his face and he strode over to me. "Hi I'm Laylah Dumbledore" I said with a little smile. My long, straight blonde hair blew in front of my face, and I tucked it behind my ear.

"I'm Tom Riddle" he said, looking into my bright blue eyes, they were just like my fathers "So how do we get to the platform?"

I smiled at him "follow me" a tone of leadership in my voice, as I started to run at the wall between platform 9 and 10 pushing my trolley of luggage in front of me. Tom watched curiously as I ran straight at the wall and his eyes opened slightly in shock when I did not rebound off, instead went straight through to the other side. Tom steadied himself with his luggage and then ran through the wall like I had done.

I was waiting for him on the other side and a smile came upon my face when I saw Tom join me on the platform. I watched as Tom looked around seeing the sign that said platform 9 ¾, The Hogwarts express was waiting for all the students to board it, so it could take them away to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Tom and I boarded the train together and without even thinking about it, we got into our own little carriage together. After we both were seated, I became more curious about Tom, and why he was at the train station all alone. 'He didn't know how to get on the platform' I thought 'and he seemed to be impressed by my father's departure'.

"Are you Muggle-born?" I asked Tom curiously.

Tom seemed confused at my question. "What is Muggle?" he asked, he seemed curious to know all there is about Wizarding terms.

"Muggles are non magic people. I was asking if your parents are non-magic?''

"No my parents are magical folk" he said trying to sound convincing.

"Why were they not at the train station than?" I asked "and that you have never herd of the term Muggle before?"

Tom was very good at coming up with something very quickly "My parents are dead and I was raised in a 'Muggle' orphanage" Tom said this as if he didn't even care that his parents were dead, but now I felt bad for bringing it up at all.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I said looking him directly in his eyes, with plead in them for him to forgive me.

"No it's ok," he said staring out the window of the train as trees and houses zoomed by in blurs.

The next few hours I told Tom everything I knew about Hogwarts and just general stuff he should know as a wizard. I told him about the first thing that will happen when you get to Hogwarts, is that we will get sorted into our houses. "There's Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin" I told an eager Tom.

"Which one do you wish to be in?" he asked.

"Gryffindor, it's what's expected of me" Tom could see the sadness on my face and could tell it's not the house I truly wished to be in. I told Tom the qualities of the houses. When I got to Slytherin I talked about it as if it was an honor for any who was placed in that house. The key factors of this house seemed to intrigue Tom, which I could tell by the expressions on his handsome face.

By the end of the Train ride I had come to really like Tom, and as we came to the castle that is Hogwarts, he gave me a tiny kiss on the cheek saying "good luck" before we got separated in the growing crowd of first years.