11. The Chamber of Secrets has been opened

Chapter eleven

I woke very early the next morning, the first class I have today is Defense Against The Dark Arts. Tom was also in this class, and today I wished he were not. I got dressed slowly to make up for getting up early and after I had finished I then headed down the stairs into the Gryffindor common room.

Only a few other students were down here, mostly catching up on homework that was probably due this morning. I headed out of the portrait door and down to the great hall for breakfast. I did not see Tom over at the Slytherin table at breakfast. After I had finished eating I headed to my first class.

Almost every student was there already. There was a spear seat near Tom who was sitting at the front of the class but I did not take it. I sat in the back row instead. Tom turned around and looked at me. But I didn't look at him back I just ignored him.

This seemed to annoy Tom, so he got up from his seat and came and sat next to me at the back of the classroom. I continued to ignore him.

"Look! I'm sorry I shouldn't of threatened you" Tom whispered to me, making sure no one was listening in on him "I was just angry, It was non of your business and you shouldn't of been listening in"

I turned to Tom knowing he was right, I sighed not wanting to fight with Tom anymore.

"It's ok Tom, and I'm sorry to" I was weak, I could just not hold a grudge against him "So do you want to have lunch together after class?" I asked him.

"Sorry can't today"

"Why not?" I said angrily, I had just forgiven him; the least he could do is have lunch with me.

"I've got some stuff to do," He said avoiding looking me in the eyes.

I didn't bother going on about I knew he wasn't going to tell me what his 'stuff' he had to do was.

I spent the rest of the lesson just doing my work quietly to myself. When class had finished Tom went off and I headed to the great hall for lunch.

Once I had finished eating, I left the great hall and went outside and sat by the lake. I lay on the grass and looked up at the bright blue sky. I smiled it was so peaceful outside. Most students where in class but I had frees for the next couple of lessons, and so had Tom.

'I wonder where he is' I thought as I looked up at the sky.

An hour or so pasted and I were snapped out of my peaceful moment by the sound of my fathers voice coming from thin air

"All students to the great hall immediately!"

I got up off the grass and walked to the great hall. 'Jeez it must be important for him to be pulling everyone out of class'

I entered the hall, pretty much the whole school was in there by the time I got there, only a late few came after me, and Tom was one of them. He looked exhausted like had been running to get there as quick as possible. I watched as he made his way over to the Slytherin table and sat in between his friends.

"Do you have any idea what's going on" Ash asked me as she sat down beside me.

"No, not a clue, but it must be important"

Professor Dumbledore stood up in front of the whole school, and held his hand up and the school fell silence.

"No less than half an hour ago, a strange scene had been found in the wall's of Hogwarts. It is in our knowledge that a great beast had just been released upon the students of Hogwarts" there was a few gasps from the students and Dumbledore continued "One of our Muggle-born students have been attack, and is very lucky to be alive, although he has been, petrified"

This time there was more gasps from the crowd and everyone broke out in chatter.

Dumbledore held his hand up again for silence.

"The monster we believe has come from a chamber that has been hidden in the school for many century's, Salazar Slytherin himself had built the chamber, and as you all know, he did not agree with anyone who was not from magical family's to be able to learn magic at Hogwarts. Someone from the school has opened this chamber and until the culprit is caught we have to take certain precautions. Everyone will have to be in groups of three or more, and only to stay in area of the school where teacher supervision is around, now head teacher's if you please escort your houses back to their common rooms, the rest of today's classes have been cancelled"

With that everyone left the great hall leaded by there head teachers and back to their common rooms.

I looked over at Tom as I left, 'where was he when all of this had happened? Is Tom involved in this?'

I walked beside Ash back to the common room. He has been acting very suspicious lately, first with the Horcruxs and now this. It was all getting to me and I just wanted to go talk to Tom about it all. But I was not allowed to leave the common room for the rest of the day. I would have to wait until tomorrows lessons to talk to him.

***

Please vote and comment :)