17. Toms plans after school

Chapter seventeen

Tom quickly got off me and stood up and I got up as well, both of us looking embarrassed. I buttoned my shirt back up and I looked up at my father, who was looking pretty mad.

"Tom I think you should head back to your common room now, if you don't mind I would like a few words with my daughter" Dumbledore said pretty calmly, while he still had his eyes on me.

Tom nodded towards Dumbledore and quickly looked at me with a worried look before he left.

Now it was just my father and myself alone in the classroom and I didn't like this one bit.

"I expected more of you Laylah" The disappointed words of my father made me feel sad and ashamed "To be honest I thought you could do better than Tom. I don't like where that boys heading" I looked up at my father confused

'Does he know Tom was the real one who opened the chamber' I thought feeling nervous and worried.

Dumbledore continued "I Think you really got to consider what you will be getting your self into if you stay with Tom, Laylah, you could do so much better, just think about that" Dumbledore took a deep breath and looked down and away from me "You may leave now and don't let me catch you doing that again"

I quickly turned around he left heading through the corridors, until someone grabbed me from behind a corner and put their hand over my mouth, to stopped me from screaming.

"It's only me" I herd Tom's voice whisper in my ear and I relaxed.

"What are you doing here Tom?" I asked when Tom had dropped his hand from my mouth so I could talk.

"I wanted to say goodnight, and to know what Dumbledore had said to you?" Tom looked at me curiously.

"It doesn't matter what he said" I told Tom, not really wanting to tell him that my father wants me to find someone else to be my boyfriend. Tom didn't stop though as he walked me to my common room, he kept annoying me about it until I finally gave in. When I had finally told Tom about what my father had said to me his face dropped.

"I always knew that old hag wasn't too fond of me, every since I first meet him" Tom growled.

"Hey!" I yelled "You know he is my father, don't talk about him like that" I said angrily. Tom just ignored me and continued.

"He just can't handle that I will be the greatest wizard around, he knows it's going to happen" Tom smirked evilly "I will be immortal, undefeatable! While your father will become weak and soon die out of old age!"

I couldn't believe what I were hearing. "Oh yeah, and how do you plan to become immortal" I asked Tom as if seeing a flaw in his plan. Tom just smirked to himself again.

"That is none of your concern"

I then remembered the conversation Tom had had with professor Slughorn near the start of the year about 'Horcruxs' and I sighed 'he's actually going to do it than' I thought sadly to myself.

Tom was looking at me while I was deep in thought. I looked up at him sadness in my eyes. Tom grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

"You know I love you Laylah. I have plans for when I leave this place and I want you by my side. I need you with me"

"I love you to Tom and I will stay by your side no matter what my father thinks" I kissed Tom gently on the lips. "Goodnight Tom" I whispered before going through the portrait into my common room.

That night I laid awake in bed for ages just thinking about what Tom had planned for after he left school. I knew he was going the way of the dark arts, I knew he was going to split his soul and there fore kill people so he could come immortal and I also knew that he loved me and I loved him. Although I do not agree with his plans I will stay by his side, because a life with out Tom would be miserable for me.

The night went on and finally I fell asleep, tomorrow I had classes and I need all my energy to concentrate, after all the exams are in two weeks.

**

Finally the time of the exams had arrived. I was in the great hall with the rest of the students in the school. The four big long tables had been removed and a hundred little desk and chairs had been placed in the hall in lines. Everyone's name was a top of a desk, the first years where at the front and so on. I being a 6th year was near the back but was in the front line of our year being a 'D' Tom was in the last line of our year being an 'R'.

Tom and I over the last two weeks had kept clear of bumping into my father. We kept the make out sessions to an all time low, to not cause anymore trouble for the both of us. I spent most of my free time in the library with Tom studying for the exams or in my common room spending time with Dean.

"Now if everyone will be quiet the exams will begin" Dumbledore voice rang out across the hall from the front, and everyone went quit.

"And begin" Dumbledore clapped his hands once and an exam booklet appeared on everyone's desk. Mine had '6th year Defense against the Dark Arts' written across the front of it. I picked up my quill and opened the booklet to the first page and began my exam.

As I went through the questions one by one, I wondered how Tom was going. He was best in our year after all and he would probably get 100% on this exam. Defense against the Dark arts was his favorite subject. He had even told me once that he would like to teach it here at Hogwarts, but I had a feeling his motives for wanting to do that are not as pure as I once thought them to be.