7. Holidays

Chapter Seven

A few months have now gone by. Tom and I have spent a lot of time together. Neither of us had yet said the three magic words to each other 'I love you' although on many occasions I have wanted to, but I just haven't had the courage to do so. I think that this is maybe due to the fact that I'm scared that he will reject me, if I confess my deepest feeling for him.

I begin to pack my things up in my truck, for I will be returning home for the end of year holidays, it will be three months before I see Tom again. I had offered him to come stay my father and I through the holidays, but he had denied.

I couldn't help to think this was because of my father. Although I couldn't tell when he was around professor Dumbledore, but I just knew he didn't like him much. Probably because he was more powerful that Tom, and Tom didn't like it when someone was above him.

So instead of joining me on my way back home Tom was off back to the orphanage.

Every one was out the front of Hogwarts saying their goodbyes to each other. Students started to leave heading to the train station, while other stayed behind to go by flu powder.

Tom had to catch the train back into London; me on the other hand were going by flu powder with my father.

"Bye Tom, I'll miss you" I hugged him tightly not wanting to let him go.

He hugged me back

"I'll miss you to" He gave a quick peck on the lips, and then left with the crowd to the train station.

I Stood out the front and watched Tom until he was completely out of sight, I sighed and went back inside with the last few students who had travel by flu powder. There were not many of us, mainly the very rich, pure blood family's, which annoyed me cause I basically surrendered by Slytherin's who all thought I were a blood traitor.

Professor Slughorn came up to the students

"Follow me to my office, the enchantment has been lifted in there, so you can all return home by the flu network"

I began to follow Slughorn with the other students.

"Ah miss Dumbledore, I believe your father wants you to go see him in his office, I believe you already know the password?"

I nodded then turned and left, glad to get away from the Slytherin's I hurried up to the gargoyle hiding the stairs to my father's office.

"Sherbet lemon" I said as I approached. The staircase sprang to life, and I quickly ran up them into my father's office.

"Finally you're here Laylah, I thought you might of wanted to departure with me instead, give you a first hand experience of what apparating feels like" He gave me a kind smile, and I got excited cause I have never done it before.

"But you can't apparate in the Hogwarts grounds"

"Yes that is true, that's why we are going to take a little stroll together down into Hogsmeade and we will departure from there"

My father and I left his office and headed out into the grounds of Hogwarts. It was about a 5-minute walk into Hogsmeade, and my father tried to bring up conversation.

"So how are you and Tom, I've noticed you have been spending quit some time together"

I went slightly red at this "Um yeah, okay I guess"

Dumbledore smiled down at me "very good"

I was so happy when we finally got into Hogsmeade and I didn't have to continue the embarrassing conversation with my father.

"Hold onto my arm dear" My father stopped in the middle of the street and held out his arm to me.

I grabbed my father's arm tightly, and nerves filled my stomach. I was excited and scared at the same time. All the sudden it felt like the air had been sucked out of me, and my head began to spin.

Finally my feet landed just outside my home and I took a deep breath in and out.

'Never want to do that again' I thought to my self and hurled over, my hands on my knees. I felt like I was going to throw the contents of my stomach up at any moment now.

My father chuckled at me "It takes some time getting use to. You did alright for your first time"   

I sighed and walked inside heading into my room. I lay on my bed and started thinking to myself.

'It will be 3 months before I get to see Tom again, this is going to be longest holidays ever!'

My father tried to spend as much time as possible with me over the holidays. He kept asking me questions about Tom and it was starting to get on my nerves. I did not understand why he was being so nosy about it.

He would say thing to me like "It's a good thing you are seeing Tom, you will show him the right path in life"

I had no idea what he was going on about. Sure he was in Slytherin but didn't automatically make him a bad guy.

I stuck to my room mostly trying to avoid my father. Don't get my wrong, I loved my father, its just to much of his company can be a bit overwhelming, and his conversations tend to be a bit awkward.

I wrote to Tom as often as I could. There was just not much to tell him. I wasn't really doing anything, except going out of my mind from missing him.

When he would reply, his letters were even shorter than mine. He would tell me he was keeping busy, and hating every moment from being away from Hogwarts.

I felt a little cut at this. He seemed to miss the school more than he missed me. Oh well, Tom is not the best with sharing his feelings.

**

Don't forget to Vote and please Review :D