4. Beautiful Nightmare

June's P.O.V

"So, you like him?" I asked my dad.

"Who, Leeroy?" he asked me as we both lay on the grass, staring up at the stars. "Yeah, he's a nice boy. Very successful, too."

I smiled. "You approve?"

"Of course I do. He loves you, I can tell. He looks at you the way I look at your mother." He sighed and placed his arms beneath his head. "June, don't ever be afraid to go far and wide for this relationship of yours. I'm just letting you know ahead of time that there will be tough times approaching. It's important that you always trust and support him." he replied and smiled at me. "But I want you to know something, June. You will be very surprised at who this guy truly is."

I pulled my eyebrows together and looked at him. "Wait, what do you mean by that?"

A smile grew on his lips and he placed a hand on my cheek. "I love you, June."

Those words rang through me, and suddenly, it was broad daylight.

I looked up to find myself looking at my dad's cherry red coffin. I was no longer in control of my body, for I was crying, shouting his name, and begging him not to leave me.

"Only the best love comes to those who wait," his voice said.

"June!" Another voice said.

I turned around, finding a familiar face, looking panicked as ever.

Liam Payne?

He held me close, hugging me as tight as ever, whispering that everything was going to be okay.

I formed My mouth to say, "Liam," but all that came out was, "Leeroy."

"It's okay, June. I'm here," he muttered into my shoulder. "Your dad was a great man, June. I promised him I'll take care of you, okay?"

"Leeroy," I said again, trying to say Liam. "You're not Leeroy. You're Liam," my voice finally gave in.

He let go of the embrace. "What are you talking about, June? Are you feeling alright?" He asked and placed a hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"Liam," I repeated once again.

"June, you don't get it. I am Leeroy," he said as he gripped my shoulders.

I gasped and woke up with the name Leeroy ringing in my ears. It took me a moment to realize that I had been dreaming, and that neither my dad or Liam, were really here in the first place.

I huffed and ran a hand through my hair.

What kind of a dream was that?

Some dreams just make no sense at all. First it was dad's funeral, then it was Liam Payne? What in the world? I looked at the time.

12:09PM?!

I slept in too long! It was already lunch time!

I ran downstairs and found my mother watching a movie, with Keith asleep next to her.

"Good morning!" she said as if it were still morning. "Brunch?" she pointed towards the dinner table.

"Afternoon," I greeted and gave her a kiss.