14. I Will Meet Him

Liam's P.O.V

"And then after all that I told her, she's still going out with him," June said as she pushed her food around her plate.

She told me everything on what happened with her and her mom, which took a great toll on my feelings. Although I had not known her father, I knew he was just as important to her as she was to me. The hardest thing to do is to look at your kid, and tell her that your're falling for someone else other than her own father.

I gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry about that, June."

She sighed. "No, I'm sorry," she mumbled. "Sorry that I'm dumping all of this on you. This breakfast was supposed to be fun."

I shook my head. "No! Don't think that, okay?Look, June. I'm here for you whether it's the good, or the bad."

She looked down at her food and sighed heavily.

"June," I said, trying to capture her attention again.

She still looked down, swirling her pancakes around the syrup.

"Juuune," I said brighter. "Chin up, love."

Her eyes flickered up to meet mine.

"Hey, there!" I said with a wave. "Can you smile, now? You know I love it when you smile," I told her, trying my best to brighten the mood. She wouldn't give. "Look, I know this isn't a good time to be smiling, but you know...one smile can make a difference."

She took a second and finally cracked a tiny smile.

"There she is," I said, satisfied with the old show me a smile line. "It all gets better, alright?"

She nodded. "Thank you."

I smiled. "You're welcome." I stood up. "Now, lets get outta here, shall we?" I left a tip for the waiter and took her hand.

As we walked out, she sighed and shook her head. "I wish you could have met my dad, Liam," she told me. "He would have loved you."

"I would have loved him, too. He seems like a cool person."

She blew out a puff of air. "He was."

I opened the car door for her and allowed her to sit down before I shut it again.

It broke my heart how she really missed her dad. I really do wish I could do more for her. If only I could take her on a jet plane to heaven, just to visit her dad...

visit her dad.

A lightbulb went off in my head and I gasped.

"June, what cemetery is your dad in?" I asked her.

"Huh?"

"The name of the cemetary. Which one is it?" I asked her again.

"St. John's. Why?" she asked, clearly confused.

I shifted the gear of the car. "I'm going to meet your dad."

"Wait, what?" Her eyes widened.

"You know where his grave is, right?" I asked eagerly.

"Of course, I do."

"Then, let's go."

"Liam,"

"Hey," I said and stopped her. "I want to do this, okay?"

She leaned back in her seat and sighed. "Are you sure you want to?"

"Course," I replied honestly. LI mean, I'm kinda going on dates with his daughter. Don't you think I need his blessing, first?"