22. Missed Call

Liam's P.O.V

"Liam, get up," a voice said.

I groaned, and turned over in my bed.

"Now, Liam. You have rehersals today," the voice said again, and I slowly came to realize that this was uncle Paul.

I glanced at the clock. "Its 5AM, Paul. Tour is not until like...six, seven months."

"You have to record that new album. Come on!" he said and ripped the blanket off my body.

I sighed and got up. "Okay, I'll go. But, can I please call June first?"

He sighed. "There is no time. That's not your priority right now. Remember what I said?" he asked sternly.

I sighed. "Work first, girlfriend second."

"Good," he nodded and sighed. "Look, I like June. She's a good, beautiful girl. But please know your priorities first." he said as he put his hand on my shoulder. "You can call her when we're done."

I nodded and waited for him to leave. As soon as he was out the door, I made an attempt to reach for my cellphone.

"Don't you dare!" he yelled.

I groaned, wondering how the hell he had known, and got up to get ready.

Why did I give him the key to my house?

June's P.O.V

All I have been doing for the past three hours was check my phone. I just sat in front of my television, watching cartoons, and checking my cellphone every 30 seconds.

Still no call or text from Liam.

I was beginning to give up.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

I checked my phone in a speed of light, hoping that it was Liam, but my smile faded as I saw that it was Crystal.

I answered it. "What," I said sternly.

"Whoa...what's up with you?" she asked immediately.

I huffed loudly. "I thought t was Liam who called me, but it was you," I said sadly. "He hasn't called all day."

"Oh, that makes sense," she said sympathetically. "Sorry about that."

"That's okay. I'm sorry for snapping," I apologized.

"That's alright," she told me.

I allowed myself to calm down. "Now what did you call for?" I asked a little more calmly.

"Oh! I just called to say thank you so freaking much," she said bubbly.

I was confused. "Uhh... For?"

"You got me a date!" she squealed.

"No way," I breathed. "Please tell me it's the library guy you were bragging about?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes! I'm going on a date with Matthew Sage!" she sang.

"Congratulations, Crystal!" I yelled. "That's great! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks to you and Liam!" she replied. "If he does call, can you please tell him I said thanks?"

"Of course," I said, but my smile faded as the realization hit me. "If he calls," I muttered sadly.

"Oh, honey. He'll call," she told me. "He could just be busy, you know. Remember: he's a committed band member."

I sighed. "You're right...I should just call him tonight," I shrugged.