26. Interviews

Liam's P.O.V

I led June out of Applebees right after her interview, and she had the most sour face ever.

After tugging my sleeveless hoodie over my head in caution of paps and fans, I slipped my hand into hers.

"What's wrong, babe?" I asked her as I squeezed her hand.

She huffed. "I don't know whether or not this job is right for me," she replied and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I felt that too. Plus, there were boys checking you out, and I didn't like that." I huffed and put on my sunglasses.

June did the same and looked around cautiously for any suspicious activity. Because of the past issues with fans and paps, we have been more cautious of getting caught in places where we just wanted to be alone.

"Aww, are you jealous?" she nudged me.

I blushed a little. "Uh...maybe just a little bit."

She giggled and kissed my cheek. "You're the only one who I will ever scrape my knee falling for."

"Good," I said and leaned her against my car. "Better be, because I don't want you falling for anyone else. And I'll give you a bandaid for that scraped knee," I whispered.

She bit her lip. "What kind of bandaid?"

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers.

"That's the best bandaid ever," she whispered as soon as we seperated. "I should scrape my knee more often."

I chuckled. "Only for me."

"Only for you," she replied and stole one last kiss before I opened the door for her.

"Where to next, my lady?" I asked.

"The music store in downtown," he replied with a giggle. "I like it when you call me your lady."

"That's because you are my only lady." I winked and she blushed. "What do you want to eat for lunch after?"

"Wherever you want to go. Anything is okay with me," she replied and glanced in the rear view mirror.

"Want Mexican food?" I asked.

"Por favor?" she smiled cheekily.

I laughed. "You and your Spanish. What grade did you say you had?"

"A+." she bragged.

"That's my girl," I said and began to drive to the music store.

June's P.O.V

The music store looked a lot cozier than Applebee's. It had some sort of welcoming feeling to it, and I think I liked it.

I told Liam to stay low and keep his hood on as we did at Applebee's.

I walked into the mini store and was greeted by a girl at the counter.

"Hi, may I help you?" she asked politely.

"Yes, I'm here for an interview," I replied.

"June Pledge?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Oh, yes. Angel is expecting you," She turned and opened a door. "ANGEL SHE'S HERE!" she shouted and flashed me a smile.

I heard Liam try to hold back a laugh and I nudged him.

Soon, a man came out humming a tune and he gasped as he saw me.

"Hello, beautiful! You must be June!" he greeted and kissed my hand.

I felt Liam tense up beside me.

"Is this your man?" he motioned towards Liam, also sensing his tension.

"Yes, I'm her boyfriend," he stressed the word boyfriend.

The man laughed. "Ok dear, please don't be a jealous one. I'm gay."

I covered my mouth, biting back a laugh, as I saw Liam's priceless reaction.

"Oh," was all that came out of his mouth.

I giggled. "Sorry, my man is a little worried about the men," I said and patted Liam's chest.

He flapped his hand. "Oh. I completely understand. I'm the same with my man as well." He held out his hand. "I'm Angel! I am the manager, boss, and owner of this store."

I gladly shook his hand. "June Pledge."

He shook Liam's hand a well.

"Hi, I'm...Leeroy," Liam said, obviously trying to hide the fact that he was Liam Payne.

I stifled a laugh as all the memories came flooding back in.

Angel huffed and playfully rolled his eyes. "Honey, I know who you are, Mr. One Direction," he replied with a wink.

Liam's reaction was priceless and I could see the blush rise on his cheeks.

"Don't worry. I got you guys," Angel said. "It's not like I'm going to tweet all your crazed fans and have then crowding around my store for pictures puh lease! I am claustrophobic, and I can not tolerate teenage girls!" He shuddered.

"Hey!" the girl whined with her mouth dropped open.

Angel rolled his eyes. "Unless it's you of course!"

Liam smiled, and that's how I knew he was warming up to Angel.

"Come, come," Angel told me and fabulously walked towards the door that he came from. "Interview begins now."

Liam gave me a tight squeeze and sent me off to the interview.

Liam's P.O.V

I looked around the music shop and found a few of our albums. I chuckled as I saw my younger face on one of them.

"Hey, dud,." the teenage girl behind the counter called out to me. "So you're like... a part of that one band?"

I nodded. "One Direction. Yes."

She nodded in amusement. "That's pretty cool. I heard one song from you guys. You all sound pretty good."

I smiled. "Thanks."

"I'm Christie by the way. I think I'll be working with your girlfriend pretty soon. Angel seems to like you guys."

"Nice to meet you, Christie," I replied.

At that moment, June and Angel emerged from the door, laughing with each other.

"You start Monday, then?" he asked her.

"Monday it is," she replied and joined me.

I grinned. "You got the job?"

She nodded and tossed her arms around me.

I held her tightly and have her a celebratory kiss.

I walked over to Angel. "Hey, sorry for my attitude earlier. I didn't mean to turn into a sour puss," I apologized.

"Darling, don't sweat it. We do crazy things when we're in love," he winked and joined Christie behind the main counter.

"See you Monday, June!" Christie called to her before we walked out.

June smiled. "Okay, uhh....."

"Christie," I whispered

"Christie! And Angel, thank you so much!" June said gratefully.

"You are welcome, darling! I'll email you your work schedule!" Angel called after us.

After a few goodbyes, we left and went out for a celebratory lunch at Taco Bell.

~~~

Samantha Boscarino as Christie

Neil Patrick Harris as Angel