9. Hello Goodbye

June's P.O.V

"Why are you leaving me?" I said as I hugged Crystal for the umpteenth time today.

"I wish I could stay, June. I really do," she said, obviously holding back tears.

Both of us woke up early today and I freshened up with her. The only thing I didn't do, was change into something other than my One Direction pajama pants and dad's loose t-shirt.

Hey, at least I wasn't too lazy to put on a bra.

"Aww, my second daughter is leaving!" Mom exclaimed and hugged her tightly. "Be careful out there, okay?"

"I will, Lettie. I promise," she said.

Keith gave her a hug next. "It was nice having you again, Miss Princess. It was just like old times."

She laughed. "Stay cool, big brother."

He let go of the hug. "I was always cool."

Just then, we all heard a honk coming from the open front door, and we all believed that it was the cab. However, in its place was not a cab, but a van, parked in our driveway. The door opened, and out spilled One Direction and Kai.

I grinned as I saw Liam hop out of the drivers seat.

He gave me a hug and greeted me a hello.

"Hey, guys! Oh my goodness! What are you guys doing here?" I asked them, giving each of them a hug.

"Well, June," Niall said and crossed his arms. "We were upset that your friend wasn't going to join us today, so we came here to say hello...then goodbye," he added sadly at the end.

I looked over at Crystal, who's jaw was dropped open.

"You guys are One Direction...oh. my. gawd." she managed to squeak out. "Gracias Jesus Christo," she said to the sky.

Louis stepped forward and grinned cheekily. "Hello, Crystal! I heard from June that you're a Louis girl," he held open his arms. "It's very nice to officially meet you. I believe I owe you a really big hug."

Crystal gladly accepted the hug. She looked at me and pointed at Louis. Oh my gaaawwddd!! she mouthed at me.

She soon met all of the guys and they got into some small talk, getting to know her just a little more. I could tell that this was going to be a moment that she would remember for the rest of her life.

"I can't believe you guys did this for me," she said as she put her hand on her heart.

"Well, we didn't want this to be unfair," Niall said.

"Yeah," Zayn joined in. "Your best friend is spending her whole summer with 1D, and we just wanted to let you know that we wished you were there too."

The whole summer? I was going to spend all summer with 1D?

"Aww! You guys are honestly so sweet," she said.

"Yeah, we're known for that," Harry bragged.

"Don't worry, Crystal. We'll take care of June," Liam said with a confident wink.

Right when that happened, a small yellow vehicle approached our driveway and parked right next to the van.

Crystal and I looked at each other and we both knew this meant that it was time to go.

I threw my arms around her, and she did the same. "Call me when you are about to board, okay?" I said, tightening the hug and knowing that it would be another long while before I see her again.

"I will," she muffled through my shirt. "I love you so much."

I laughed breathily."You already know what I'm going to say," I replied as she let go of the hug.

"Only the best love..." she began.

"...comes to those who wait," I finished and we giggled together and gathered each other for one last hug.

Liam clapped his hands once. "Man, I love it when she says that," he said as he nudged Louis, who nodded in agreement.

Crystal turned to hug Keith and my mom. "I love you guys," she said.

"And we love you," Mom replied and gave her one last squeeze.

"Goodbye, Crystal," Louis said and gave her a tight hug. Afterward, he, and the rest of the guys, gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Crystal," Kai said and gave her a hug. "I'll be there for June too, okay? Think of me as your substitute. Yeah?"

She nodded. "Thank you, Kai. I'm grateful."

We all helped her with her bags and watched as she waved goodbye from the backseat. We waved back and watched as the cab slowly reversed from the driveway. Inch by inch, foot by foot, I watched the cab disappear into the distance. A tear spilled over my cheekand I wiped it away before any more can spill over.

"So," Liam broke the silence. "One Direction pajamas, eh?"

My eyes widened as I looked down at what I was wearing. Heat rushed up to my cheeks in embarassment.

"Erm, you weren't supposed to see that," I admitted awkwardly.

"Awww, she's blushing!" Harry reached up to pinch my cheeks, but I slapped him away. "Ouch. Sorry." He giggled.

"That's totally okay," Zayn said. "A directioner is a directioner."

"I said the same thing yesterday!" Liam exclaimed and they high fived each other. This was just another Ziam shipper moment.

I rolled my eyes and turned around. "Screw you guys! I'm going to change."

As I turned around, I heard my mother inviting them in for ice cream. Classic mom.

Much to my surprise, I heard Niall and Kai yell "Oooh! ICE CREAM!" They dashed past me while dragging the rest of them inside. I laughed. That's one hungry couple.

I jogged upstairs and looked for different clothes to put on. Just as I was about to tug my dad's shirt over my head, someone decided to barge in.

"June, are you almost- WHOA!" Liam covered his eyes.

I screamed and pulled the shirt back down! "DAMNIT, LIAM!" I yelled.

"SORRY!" he yelled. "Oh my god, June! YouShouldReallyLockThisDoor," he said all in one breath.

I tried sounding intimidating, but I giggled a little and failed. "Dude, get out!" I laughed.

He smiled. "Why? You change in front of me all the time, don't you?" he challenged.

I was confused at first, but then I realized that he was talking about my giant life sized poster of him. I balled up a random shirt on the floor and threw it at the blindfolded idiot. "Get out," I said again and laughed even more.

He removed his hands from his eyes, but his eyes were still shut. "Okay, okay! I'm leaving!" he said, holding his arms out to feel where he was going. "Wait," he said with his eyes still shut. "Let's not tell anyone about this."

I rolled my eyes. "I was about to say the same thing." I smiled.

"Nice to know we're thinking alike." He smiled and I impatiently groaned.

"Liam, get out," I complained and began pushing him towards the hallways.

He laughed. "Alright, alright! See you downstairs," he whispered.

I awkwardly waved goodbye as he made his way down the hall.

What the hell? Liam Payne saw me half naked...

~~~