28. The First Day

June's P.O.V

Gordon's pool party was awesome.

I got to know him a little better, and I can honestly say that I like him. He's the perfect person for my mother and I'm happy that they're seeing each other. He may not be my dad, but he sure is a good enough person to add up to my mom.

I gave Keith the cold shoulder all day, but later on came to forgive his begging ass. Although he's the most irritating and immature college kid in the world, he's still my brother.

The little kids, Tanner, Shelbie, and Frankie were actually pretty cool kids if you ask me. They grew a strong liking to Liam, and they took turns with him pushing them on the swing set. They even played "house" with us, calling Liam Daddy and me Mommy.

Unfortunately, all good days come to an end.

It was now a new day, and most importantly, my first day at work.

I spent all weekend with Liam, waiting for this day, preparing myself for any type of obstacle that could come my way.

Now, Monday was here and I woke up early and excited.

Just as I was fixing up my hair, my phone buzzed and Liam's picture flashed on the screen. I admired his adorable smile before picking the phone up.

I answered it in a heartbeat. "Good morning, babe!"

"Good morning, beautiful," he greeted. "Are you ready for today?"

"I'm so ready!" I exclaimed and accidentally dropped a bobby pin. "Will you still be dropping me off?" I bent down to pick up the hairpin.

He sucked in a breath. "Yeah...about that."

My smile faded as I held the fallen pin in my hand. "Why? What's wrong?"

He sighed. "I love you. Please don't get mad. I completely forgot that I had a radio interview with the boys today."

"Radio interview?" I blinked. "Oh."

"I'm sorry, babe," he said sympathetically.

Sometimes, I completely forget that he's not only Liam. He's Liam from One Direction too. But, I'm his girlfriend and I need to understand that this is his job, and that he needs to be there for the guys and fans as well.

I fastened the hairpin in my hair and shifted the phone to my other ear.

"That's okay, Liam," I replied. "I understand."

"I know we planned this and that I told you I'd drop you off, but I'm changing it at the last minute and Louis only reminded me today and I kept telling him that I needed to drop you off but Paul said that I had to go and-" he rambled on and on about how much he wanted to drop me off.

I bit back a little bit of laughter and rolled my eyes. "If I were there, I'd kiss you to make you shut up," I joked.

He paused for a little while, then I heard a breath release along with a little laugh. With that, I knew he was alright.

"Now I have an excuse to continue my rambling," he teased back at me.

We laughed together for a little while, then returned to a level of our version of sanity.

"I love you," he breathed into the phone. "Please don't ever forget that."

"I love you..." I breathed into the phone, "so much." I added.

"Have a great day at work, lovely. I'll make it up to you. I promise."

I finished off my simple makeup and smiled. "Okay. Have a good day at work as well,"