Drabble Compilation #3

Back to the Drabbles! These were Drabbles I wrote waaay back in 2016 and I was meant to scrap. But I reread them a little while ago and thought that with a bit of fine tuning I could actually post these. These are slightly fluffier than the previous oneshot lol, I know that one was pretty painful.

Anyway, enjoy!

-Ami
------------------------------------

11.) Valentines (I'm aware I'm really heckin late)

Snowflakes spiralled in sync with the breeze outside the pizzeria. They'd been expecting snow the previous year, but it never came, so this wintery weather came by surprise. They didn't mind, however. It was perfectly okay with them, even if their circuits did get a little chilly.

"February 14th..." Freddy muttered sarcastically. "Whoopee." He gave a long sigh and took a look at the flowers that he had gotten for his Valentine. Or at least, the flowers he asked Mike to get. They weren't allowed outside the building. They were blue and violet. His favourite colours. They'd only been dating for a week, and they were still figuring out the transition from best friends to boyfriends. Freddy prayed that he would like them, let alone accept his Valentine. Freddy spotted him on the stage, tuning his guitar. He took a deep breath and stepped towards him. Hearing the whirring limbs of a robot, Bonnie reflexively looked up. He smiled, and was about to greet him when he saw the bouquet of flowers in his hand. "So.. Uh," Freddy started. "I-I didn't know which ones you'd like.. But uh.." He stopped to think of what to say. "God, romcoms always make these things look so easy, heh.." He chuckled. nervously. Bonnie's deep magenta eyes bore into his own, which added to Freddy's distress. "W-well, what I'm tryna' say.. I.. Uh.. W-would you.. Uh.. B-be my... uh... damn..." Freddy was interrupted by the bunny, who, without warning wrapped his arms around and pressed his lips against his partner's.

Freddy yelped in surprise, still unaccustomed to the deep shows of affection. Parting from him, Bonnie looked at him with a smile that sent a heat to Freddy's cheeks.

"You're being an idiot," said Bonnie, grinning giddily. "You know my answer's yes!"

12.) Reminiscence

[takes place months after "Trauma"]

"Do you... do you remember..." Freddy started.

"Do you remember... when we were aliv-" He paused, and took a shaky breath. "...When we were kids... and... and nothing ever seemed to matter... that we could just live our lives completely care free... that we could all just hang out in Jai's garage... writing corny love songs and eating ice cream... you remember, don't you?"

"God... how could I ever forget." Bonnie replied, a humourless laugh escaping his throat. "Those days all we had to worry about was getting older and passing our exams..." He let out an empty laugh. "Sometimes... I wish I could forget... so I wouldn't have to think of what could've been."

Jamie laced his hands with Bennie's.

"Yeah," he replied. "I do too."

13.) Recollection

There was one thing that really got Bonnie thinking. It appeared in his mind for a while, he didn't really think much of it, though. However, it lingered in his subconscious for a while, and grew larger, and larger, until it transformed into full blown thought. It frustrated him. A lot.

It was a memory from when he was young, a small child about five or six years old. He lay, weeping on the sidewalk, hot tears pooling down his freckled cheeks. His scooter was tossed onto its side, his knees scraped and bleeding. The road was quiet, nobody knew he was there. Nobody came for him. He was all alone. Again.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of footsteps in the distance. The noise got louder, and louder, until before him stood a small boy, about his age. The child's blue eyes widened as he saw him on the ground, eyes brimmed with tears. His shocked expression changed to one of sympathy, and concern. Bennie was scared for a minute. Who was this child? Was he going to hurt him, like those other kids who pushed him over?

To his surprise, the boy took off his backpack and brought out a small pack of tissues and a water bottle. He started dabbing the bruises with the wet tissue. Bennie winced at the pain, but he could see that the boy was clearly trying to help him. Once the cuts were clean, he took some plasters out from his pocket and disposed of the bloody tissues at the nearest trash can. He carefully placed one over each wound, careful not to hurt him any more than he already was. He moved his hand towards him to help him get up. Slowly, and hesitantly, Bennie took his hand.

14.) Introductions (Continued)

Bennie stood up, wavering a little. He turned to look up at the kid. He was surprisingly taller than him, but he looked a little younger. Or maybe that was just Bonnie's memory playing fools? It didn't matter. "Are you okay?" He said, innocently. He nodded. "Y-yeah.. I think so.." He smiled, shyly, sniffing and drying his tears. "Thanks.." The other boy smiled, as if he was glad that he had done good. "So, what's your name?" He asked. "Um..." Bennie said. "M-my mom told me never to give my name to strangers.. Sorry."

"Oh.." He said, looking slightly disappointed. "B-but.." Bennie started. "You can c-call me Conejito or um... it means Little Bunny in Spanish, my mom sometimes calls me that, so..." He said, giving a hopeful smile. The boy's face lit up. "Okay!" He said, excitedly. "Hi Little Bunny! You can call me.." He paused, thinking for a minute. "I know! You can call me Fluffy Bear, my mom calls me that! It's cause my hair's so fluffy, like a bear. See?" The boy pointed to the wild mop of hair on his head for emphasis. Bennie smiled. "Okay!" They reached out to shake each other's hand, when they were interrupted by a woman's voice.

"Sweetheart! We're leaving! Come along." The little boy frowned. "Oh, that's my mom, I have to go." He ran towards his mother, but after a few steps, he ran back and hugged Bennie tightly, and said; "I'll see you later, Little Bunny!" And with that, ran off again to his family, leaving the little hazel eyed boy staring back at them.

Bonnie is still trying to figure out how the little wild-haired brunette he met on that day seemed so familiar.

15.) Indigo

Freddy knew he should be more grateful than upset, especially grateful since it was being done by someone they trusted. But it just killed him to see those bright, happy magenta eyes dimmed out.

During the week, Bonnie had been stuttering and moving slower and acting more robotically than normal. He eventually figured that something needed tuning in his programming or his circuits. He wasn't an expert on the idea, but he knew Mike was, and he eventually, after a long time considering the consequences, asked him to check it out.

Hours went by, and Bonnie's body lay slumped and still. Freddy had a horrible thought, and didn't want to make the correlation, he really didn't, especially since this was meant to be a good thing. Miguel knew his stuff, he had a degree and everything, so he knew that nothing would go wrong.

Unless it did, he thought.

He hated to be reminded of it, and hated that this was the situation where he was reminded of it. But Freddy couldn't help but think back to a dark day in 1987, where he saw a young boy lying slumped on the ground, his once bright hazel eyes turned dull and grey...

Freddy's thoughts were halted when he suddenly heard a few clicking and whirring noises, as well as an accomplished shout from Miguel. He looked up to see Bonnie slowly standing upright, leaning on Mike for support. The clicking noises continued, but expression was brought back to the indigo bunny's face and his eyes had returned to full colour.

Blue eyes met magenta, and they stared at one another for a while, before smiles broke out on both faces.

Freddy sighed in relief, before embracing his best friend tightly. He'd never forget the horror they both experienced that dreadful day, and it would be some time before they would all properly heal.

But as long as he had his Bonnie in his arms, and he could stare into his eyes, full of life. Then he supposed, that maybe it didn't really matter.