Trauma

A/N: Well hooo boy has it been a while since I last updated
I think by now we've all figured out I'm well over FNAF by now. I mean, it's been two years since my last update.
However, recently I was re-reading my old drabbles to cringe at my 14 year old self, you know, as you do. But I just couldn't help but remember how much fun I had when writing them. Some of those mini-fics are are probably some of my proudest works (except Cuddle Bunny. We don't talk about Cuddle Bunny) and I remembered how many ideas I had for this book that I just never wrote down.

So consider the following updates to be... a revival of some sorts. They might have a little more of a more... mature theme (before you ask, no, not in the sexual nature. I mean that there's going to be a lot more angst and depictions of upsetting scenarios, so get your mind out of the gutter) but I think that comes with the whole aspect of getting older haha.

I don't think that I've ever really had as much fun writing as when I was writing these one-shots, so despite the fact that I've moved very, very far away from the fandom, I'm actually really happy to continue this book ^^ I'm just gonna point out that some of these might not turn out to be drabbles, but just really short oneshots haha. I get carried away when I write these XD still gonna call them that because they're too short to be oneshots on their own. This one however, seems long enough to be its own thing, so that's what I'm gonna turn it into.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!! x

-Ami

PS: In my AU, the animatronics are much more advanced and ahead of their time, similar to an android, or cyborg if you will. This is only for plot convenience and also to portray a lot more emotion than you can with an animatronic from the canon-verse.

Also, I will occasionally refer to them with their human names, as in, the names of the five spirits who possess the animatronics. Here they are:

Freddy - Jamie East
Bonnie - Benjamín "Bennie" Flores
Chica - Layla Cameron
Foxy - Jaisyn Kobayashi
Golden Freddy - Ellie

PPS: Before I forget I'm gonna just add a trigger warning, cause there are going be some pretty upsetting scenes (as I previously mentioned) so if you're suffering with mental illness/emotional trauma I definitely do not advise you to read this.
———————————————

"I-it's not coming off, Jamie I can't get it off!"

The purple robot bunny was trying frantically to open the spare Freddy suit in the back room. He gripped the chest piece, but to no avail. Bennie's shaking movements made it hard for him to open the clips, and the slowly drying blood on his hands made them slippery, making the whole situation even more difficult than it already was.
"Jamie help! Jamie he's dying, help me get it off!" He cried, almost screeching in utter terror. The brown bear rushed to his side, putting a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm his friend down. "Bennie you have to calm down! You're pulling at them too hard, you have to push them inwards first!" He said, shakily.

Bennie, although still panic-stricken, took Jamie's advice, and pushed the buttons, able to flick the clips open with ease. Bennie wasted no time prying open the suit, flinging pieces of the shell everywhere in desperation. The smell of metal and blood filled the room, the stench unbearable. From outside the room, there stood Layla and Jaisyn, both almost paralysed in shock. They watched helplessly as their friend shakily lay the body onto the tiled floor, putting his head upon the man's wounded chest, hoping, praying to God that there may still be a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it was all in vain. The night guard lay lifeless and mangled on the ground.

"He's dead." Bennie stated, tears forming in his eyes. "He's dead Jamie. I killed him.  Jamie... I killed a man. I killed a man, Jamie. I killed him in cold blood I... oh my God..." He started hyperventilating, pushing himself away from the atrocity, his blood-stained hands clutching his head. "J-Jamie... I... I did this... I did this... I don't even know why or... I don't know why..."

Jamie stood over the trembling bunny. He was completely at a loss for words. He had just witnessed his best friend murder an innocent man without mercy. He was speechless. He was scared. But Jamie knew more than anyone that Bennie did not do it with his own free will. He had seen the bloodthirsty look on Bennie's face when he shoved the man into the suit. He had seen his wide, gleaming magenta eyes turn into deep, dark voids. He knew more than anyone that there was a higher force at work here. He had even felt it the moment they all woke up in their new robot bodies, just a couple of weeks ago.

Quivering, he stepped closer, and laid a hand on his weeping friend's shoulder. Bennie flinched in response, his body freezing still. "Listen..." Jamie started. "W-whatever... whatever happened just now... that wasn't you. That... couldn't... have been you..." The bunny then looked at him, his eyes turning black once again, his pupils being replaced by two tiny red dots. Jamie jumped, and stepped back in fear. Bennie stared at him, completely perplexed, until he saw his reflection in the tiles. He gasped in horror and shot backwards, covering his eyes. He stayed there, whimpering in the corner, until Jamie had the courage to walk forward. "B... Bennie-"

"No!" Bennie screamed. Everyone in the room stilled. "No... I... that's not me..." He put his head between his knees. "I'm not Bennie... This... this isn't Bennie..."

Everyone was visibly taken aback by this. They didn't know what to think or how to handle the situation. Jaisyn looked over to Layla, who looked over to Jamie. Jamie then looked over to Bennie, who looked absolutely broken.

Hesitantly, he stepped towards him again. "Ok... Bonnie..." He started, keeping a look out for any outbursts. Thankfully, there were none, and so he continued. "Whatever happened... that... that could not have been you. I've known you my entire life. You're my best friend and throughout the years I've known you, you've proven you have a heart of pure gold. Something like this... something as grotesque and horrific as this... it would never even cross your mind. That wasn't you, Bonnie, that was something else." As he ended his speech, he waited for his reaction.

Slowly, but surely, Bonnie raised his tear stained face, to reveal his eyes had gone back to the bright magenta they were before. Everyone sighed in relief. "There you are..." Jamie said, smiling shakily, as they all walked over to give their friend the support he needed.

How unfortunate, that this event would only be the beginning of a whole string of atrocities to come their way.

————————————

If you're wondering why I made Bonnie the first animatronic to 'go killer', I was inspired by the fact that Scott Cawthon found Bonnie the scariest and most aggressive animatronic out of all of them.

I also wanted this to kind of give a reason why the animatronics don't call each other by their real names. After each murder they're so traumatised they don't want to associate their past selves with these horrific events.

As you know, however, they're not stuffing people out of their own free will. As Jamie mentioned before, there is a 'higher force at work here'. I wonder if y'all can guess who that might be ;)

-Ami