eight.

Daniela

Calc was terrible. Neymar did not say a single word to me. He was ignoring me and he was making it known. I had a bad feeling that my brother got to him and told him to stay away from me or Lionel told him some nasty stories about me and Neymar was grossed out. Either way I was getting ignored. 

The bell rang and class was over. Neymar was first one out of the door. That really hurt, I really knew how to scare away guys. 

"Neymar" I found myself calling after him. I threw my backpack on my back and chased after him through the halls. "Neymar please wait up." 

I wasn't a runner. Clearly I wasn't the athlete in the family so running was kind of a struggle plus add my 10 pound backpack I looked horrendous. 

"Will you just stop for a second." I caught up to him at last, we were outside by now. "Why are you ignoring me?" 

"I'm not ignoring you." He said, brushing past me. 

I grabbed his shoulders stopping him. "What's gotten into you?" 

"nothing's gotten into me." He frowned. "What about you? What's gotten in you? or should I say who?" 

"What?" 

"It's okay if you want to date my friend but using me and leading me on was not cool." He ran his tongue over his lips. I didn't want to admit it but that drove me crazy and my knee's began to buckle. 

"what friend- Leo? you think Lionel and I?" I asked.

"yup" He answered. "I saw you two leave the party together." 

"Neymar..He's my roommate. The one that's so awful remember? It's a long story on how we became roommates but he was crazy drunk and I was just helping him back. I drove him back to our room and that was it. There's nothing going around with Lionel and I." I was so desperate for him to believe me I thought about getting some fake tears and crying. 

"Then why'd I see him carrying your books this morning?" He looked at me with disbelief in his face.

"He told me to take down some posters and I said I'd only do it for that. My books are pretty heavy okay." I said. 

"I would carry them for you." He shrugged. 

I sighed. "I don't like Lionel at all in that way. I like someone else" 

His frown grew deeper. "oh" 

I rolled my eyes, "you're so blind, I like you."

"oh" this time it sounded much more cheerful. "I like you too. I'm not supposed to according to your brother but I do." 

"Ahh don't be scared of my brother he's sweet, he doesn't bit." I grinned. "Last I checked, I was older than him too."

"So about this dance, would you like to go with me?" He asked. 

I nodded. "I wouldn't imagine going with anyone else." 

the bell for next class rung and we were now the only ones outside. 

"cool" His smile now reached his eyes. "I'll walk you to class."

"Neymar class started you should be going to your class." I laughed, this boy and tardies. 

"I'm late, I might as well miss a good chunk." He said. "are you down for some ice cream right now?" 

"I've never skipped classes before-"

"there's a first for everything." He grinned. 

"Only for 15 minutes." 

15 minutes seemed reasonable in my head but then somehow I lost track of time and we skipped the class. Then the next class then the next. 

--

"And where were you today? I didn't see you in class today"  Lionel asked. He laid on his bed shirtless with a magazine in his hand. 

"that my friend is none of your concern" I threw my backpack on the ground slipping off my shoes. 

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

I hadn't realized the smile from that morning had yet to leave my face. "no reason" 

"you were with Neymar huh?" He winked. 

"and how would you know?" 

"I hadn't seen him all day either and I put two and two together." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"yeah, he asked me to the dance" I revealed laying on my bed. 

"No way" He said.

"Okay no need for the fakeness Lionel." I shook my head. A knock on the door caught both our attention. Usually no one came in when both of us were here. We made sure of that. Maybe it was my brother or better yet Neymar. "I'll get it"

I got up from my bed and opened the door.

 "Who the hell are you?" 

whoaaa there, Is that how people greet others in Barcelona? "Hi, what do you need?"

"Who are you? and why are you in my boyfriends room- LEO" The brunette's scream nearly took out my ear. "Why are you SHIRTLESS WITH THIS HOE AROUND"

I turned around and looked at Leo who stood up. This did not look good sure. "Lionel are you really going to stand there and let her call me that?"

"I call what I see" She said, "Now again, Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my boyfriends room."

What was her problem?

"Well bitch? do I need to slap some sense into you-?" she glared at me

"okay that's enough for today" Lionel came in pulling me behind him. "Mia this is my roommate Daniela."

"okay Lionel I may not be the smartest but I'm not dumb. I know that guys and girls can't room-" 

"Listen okay, There was a misunderstanding with the room and they assigned her here. She's new okay? we're just friends, I'm not fucking my roommate calm down." Lionel said. Well damn way to control a girl huh? 

"Why didn't you just say so?" She crossed her arms. 

"we tried you never gave us -"I said

"I wasn't talking to you puta" Mia cut me off. 

"okay both of you STOP IT" Lionel said from between us. 

I cringed my nose. "okay Lionel, I don't know who you think your raising your voice like that to cause you-"

"Daniela please." He said, his jaws were clenched and I'm not going to lie he looked pretty hot but I'm just going to keep that to myself. 

My cheeks were growing hot. To them I probably looked like I was embarrassed but damn Lionel Messi really turned me on. 

--